Is 75 minutes too short for an international connection?

Personally, even without the terminal change it's too short a time, because you still have to deal with passport control, retrieving your luggage and rechecking it within a very short window.

I was surprised last month when my Dad and I were traveling BOI->MSP->CDG->BAS that we did not need to retrieve his luggage and recheck it at CDG. We checked it at the ticket counter in BOI and retrieved it from the luggage carousel in BAS. I'm not sure why, but it definitely did happen.

The first two legs were on Delta, and the last leg was on HOP! or some such airline which is I think a subsidiary of KLM somehow. We're both American citizens and showed our passports in BOI and at CDG.

My Dad does get wheelchair service, so it could be for that reason.

I was surprised last month when my Dad and I were traveling BOI->MSP->CDG->BAS that we did not need to retrieve his luggage and recheck it at CDG. We checked it at the ticket counter in BOI and retrieved it from the luggage carousel in BAS. I'm not sure why, but it definitely did happen.

The first two legs were on Delta, and the last leg was on HOP! or some such airline which is I think a subsidiary of KLM somehow. We're both American citizens and showed our passports in BOI and at CDG.

My Dad does get wheelchair service, so it could be for that reason.

Interesting - maybe because you were going back out on another international flight?

Do I have to clear security and/or immigration while connecting at Paris-CDG ?

TRAVELLING WITHIN NON-SCHENGEN COUNTRIES
Example : London to Delhi via Paris-CDG
– You must pass through security check ; no passport control nor visa needed.
If you need to leave the transit area to pick up baggage and check-in, you must clear immigration.

ENTERING THE SCHENGEN AREA
Example : Los Angeles to Rome via Paris-CDG
– You must pass through passport control and security check.

LEAVING THE SCHENGEN AREA
Example : Geneva to Montreal via Paris-CDG
– You must pass through passport control ; no security check.

TRAVELLING WITHIN THE SCHENGEN AREA
Example : Berlin to Barcelona via Paris-CDG
– No passport control nor security check.
from CDG airport website

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom