Is America a Superpower?

As Jerry Lee Lewis would sing "Whole lotta pissin going on"
Luv that manly odor. :D

Maximillion said:
The Telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell, in Brantford, Ontario.

This is a misleading statement, at best. He was on vacation in Brantford, and noticed that a peice of hay lashed to an ear removed from a cadaver wiggled when you spoke into the ear.

The telephone was invented in Boston.

But Bell was from Scotland, so it's all moot.

Except that that's the point, people come to America from all over to follow their dreams.

As far as all your other slams on the U.S., whatever.

Name one document from all your other beloved empires that compares to the influence of the U.S. Constitution.

A footnote eh? Do you think the world is learning to speak English because Canadians speak it:confused: :LOL:

Laurence said:
  He was on vacation in Brantford, and noticed that a peice of hay lashed to an ear removed from a cadaver wiggled when you spoke into the ear. 

What kind of vacation was this? :dead:

This is almost as gross as mixing your peas in with your mash potatoes.

Martha said:
What kind of vacation was this?   :dead:

For a second there, I read it as mixing your "pee"...

The peas or the pee?

Whirled peas, thats all we ask.

Wanna get grossed out? Gabes dinner last night was macaroni and cheese, peas, cherry tomatoes, prunes, half a granola bar and orange juice. And NOT one at a time...

I'm sorry Howard, I dont know what you mean by "Cute little girl". Are you referring to the picture of my son? That'd show about the same accuracy as the rest of your posts... ::) :LOL:

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Wanna get grossed out? Gabes dinner last night was macaroni and cheese, peas, cherry tomatoes, prunes, half a granola bar and orange juice. And NOT one at a time...

I think I'd be more grossed out by what will happen after that (woe betide you), rather than by the meal itself...... ;)

Oh yeah...the cries of "We've got POOOP!" from the nursery are legendary...especially when followed by "AGGGHHHHH!".

Had someone told me 5 years ago, while I was still flying a desk, that I'd be married, have a child, and that his poop would be a topic of conversation between me and my wife... ;)

Norway, and in some degree Canada, are the best places to live on the planet. Those on the top of the list for quality of life are NEVER the greatest powers, so power is a useless measurement to its citizens.

Thanks haha for this incendiary and meaningless post. :D

I don't know about UK-food but I did a littlebit of research on French Intel.:
http://www.utm.edu/staff/globeg/profren.shtml that's it right there a list of french inventions

"We are quiet, we don't boast,"
really Maximillion Humm.... ;)

CFB, I was not aware that your child was a little boy, I don't read too many of your posts, at that age, it is very easy to mistake the sexes.

perinova said:
Norway, Canada too, are the best places to live on the planet. Those on the top of the list for quality of life are NEVER the greatest powers, so power it is a useless measurement to its citizens.

There are dozens of way better places to live than Norway or Canada -- don't forget, the "quality of life" lists are also useless measurements.

Maximillion said:
CFB, I was not aware that your child was a little boy, I don't read too many of your posts, at that age, it is very easy to mistake the sexes.

Third time you've made the same mistake, which is a little on the low side for you... :LOL:

Maybe if you spent less time trolling and a little more time paying attention to the actual topics at hand, you'd get a head. I mean ahead.

CFB, most of the time your posts have nothing to do with the topic at hand

Stay with the topic, I'll read them, talk about your home life,I am not interested.

Maximillion said:
The Telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell, in Brantford, Ontario.
[and so on]
Maximillion said:
At TH's age, your age, or the little boy's age?

Max, I've wavered back & forth for a couple months now and at one point I was even inclined to let things be, but now I've had it.

Your Canadian rhapsodies and anti-American rhetoric are repetitive and frequently off-topic in a highly irritating manner. You're also insulting & condescending to the other posters, although your quoted post makes it difficult to tell whether that's intentional or accidental. Your autocratic authoritarian posts frequently masquerade as fact (at best) or omit crucial details (like Nobel-winning economists' felony convictions).

So, in case you've missed a post or two, lemme reaffirm for you that-- we get it. Canada good. America bad. Asked & answered. Does that fulfill your motivation for appearing on this board? Can we move on to some other topic now, or are you stuck banging away at that one-key piano? Do you have anything else to contribute that's even tangentially related to ER? Because from my perspective it sure looks like you're here to troll.

You're like that relative at a family reunion who's stuck in his own cranky behavioral rut. The rest of the family has varying reactions-- some are amused, others couldn't care less and ignore the whole thing, while others are faintly alarmed or even annoyed by the antisocial behavior. Consider another analogy of a popular nightclub where the bouncer would take one look at you and shoo you away from the door.

Right now my PM Inbox is filled with those in the "annoyed family" and "bouncer" categories, and I'm tired of putting up with your behavior. Your behavioral contrast is made even more stark by the absence of JohnGalt and mike-1/limey. They have found other places to do their thing.

I'll leave it up to someone else to start a poll, but after several years of experiencing the discussion-board genre I've learned that there's no benefit to the rest of the poster's "board rights" to be gained from tolerating the presence of posters who behave like you. Eliminating your behavior from the board, even if it necessitates kicking you off the board, would elicit far more responses of "Thank goodness that's over" than it would "Gee, could they do that to me?"

So get off your behavioral jihad or go find another board.

Nice talking with you, and you have a nice life now.

Martha said:
What kind of vacation was this? :dead:

Although I haven't had it in years, that combo (fresh veggies of course) would be delish especially with a glass of cold buttermilk. Even though I love very hot and spicy foods (Indian, Thai, Chinese) I still have a yan for Eastern Euro unspicy but tasty dishes.

I didn't read the end of thread before posting my light response to Martha comment so it felt strange reading Nords fair and honest observation of Maxie. I usually ignore the likes of a Max, thought, their repeated diatribes can be annoying. :duh: :bat:

perinova said:
Thanks haha for this incendiary and meaningless post.  :D

Looks like a pretty good topic from here- almost 3 full pages of remarks.  ;)

BTW, I agree that quality of life doesn't go with world domination. Norwegian taxes (or Swiss taxes) go to making life better for their citizens. Ours go toward frequent and profitless wars. I don’t know that I could handle the climate in Norway, but I could sure enjoy Switzerland.

Ha

nords, I am only too happy to oblige.

Your ongoing pontification and sense of self righteousness are totally boring, as are the majority of CFB's inane prattling.

Reality is that you have a problem with people who don't share your biased , myopic view of the world, not unexpected from someone who ahs been raised on a steady diet of Propaganda, so I wll DELETE, no big deal.

This, were you the Moderator you pretend to be, should have been handled by a PM, but you choose the open forum , so be it.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. On the other hand, thats not that bad of an idea.

Besides, that giant red dildo your dog is carrying around still spooks me out.

img_392958_0_36b21ca1c07f6a5a5d5da9a52e8610be.jpg

Should add, if the shoe fits.

Maximillion said:
nords, I am only too happy to oblige.

Your ongoing pontification and sense of self righteousness are totally boring, as are the majority of CFB's inane prattling.

Reality is that you have a problem with people who don't share your biased , myopic view of the world, not unexpected from someone who ahs been raised on a steady diet of Propaganda, so I wll DELETE, no big deal.

This, were you the Moderator you pretend to be, should have been handled by a PM, but you choose the open forum , so be it.

Go the **** away, butthole. You won't be missed.

Hmmm, given Max's views, I believe we are putting the fence on the wrong border   :)

Papi said:
Hmmm, given Max's views, I believe we are putting the fence on the wrong border   :)

In general, Canadians are about the best friends the US has ever had, as a country, trading partner, military partner and as individuals. Canada was one of the earliest and biggest helpers during 9/11, Katrina, etc. They are one of the US' biggest trading partner and I believe are the biggest oil supplier. Our cultures are also pretty similar.

Butthole is not representative of most Canadians, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom