It’s time to change the clocks again.

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Daylight Saving Time is upon us once again. Has it been a whole year since we last did this? How time flies.

Don’t forget to set the clocks ahead one hour. :greetings10:

Not only that, but tomorrow is Pi Day, the favorite holiday of geeks everywhere!

Trivia: It's also Einstein's birthday, and the day Stephen Hawking died.

DST And Pi day on the same day. I don't think I'll be able to handle the excitement. I think I only have one clock to change, but I don't anticipate needing Pi for anything. Unless I go back to work.

Don't Forget 3/14 Daylight Savings Spring Forward

Just a friendly reminder that daylight savings time "spring forward" is tonight. Officially at 2:00 am clocks change to 3:00 am early Sunday 3/14.

Looking forward to the longer evenings again. I like the DST myself, even better if we just kept it year round.

No longer scares me.

All these digital clocks reset themselves. I’ll get to the rest by the end of March, probably.

I'm glad you posted this. I completely forgot about daylight savings and it would have thrown me off tomorrow!

Ahh, so that clock I never changed last fall will be correct again! Score!

Dang, I'll need to set my alarm to get up at 2am to change all my clocks again...:facepalm::LOL:

We don't change time, so all our fav. TV shows change. What a pain. YMMV

I used to look forward to Daylight Saving Time. I always hated the short days and early sunset times. But, this time around, it didn't seem like a big deal. I've been working from home for a year now, and my schedule has been pretty flexible, so the time that I leave the "office" (as in, sign off for the day) is pretty flexible these days. In the past, the big draw from going to DST was having more hours of daylight after work. But now that the hard cutoff, of getting out of the office has been removed, it doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore.

I still enjoy the Spring/Summer/early Fall times more than the Winter, because of the longer days in general and being outdoors more, but that has more to do with total amount of daylight, not because they shift Sunrise and Sunset by an hour. I'm almost always up before Sunrise, anyway, so I'm awake (usually) during the whole time the Sun is up. So I wonder if, once I fully retire and work is out of the picture completely, if the whole concept of Spring Forward/Fall Back will lose its magic completely for me?

I guess I liken it somewhat to that euphoric feeling I'll sometimes get on Friday afternoon when I'd get off, leaving the workplace behind and looking forward to the weekend. Once work is out of the picture, and the whole concept of workweek/weekend becomes a bit obsolete, it's one of those things that will probably go away after awhile, too.

My bladder usually gets me up around 5:30 AM, which acts a good check when my ladyfriend has to get up at 6 AM on her early days to leave for work around 6:45 AM in time to arrive at her office by 7:30 AM. But my bladder can't tell time, and it didn't wake me up until 6:30 AM, and she hadn't awakened already, either. I drove her to work, so she didn't have to be ready until 7 AM, whew!

I don't like changing the clocks 2x per year. Living in the eastern edge of my time zone, darkness comes too early in the evening hours for me. I'd prefer DST be all year long.....

I heard someone explain it as "Changing clocks is like cutting 1 ft off the bottom of your bed sheet and sewing it back on to the top." I think that about sums it up for me.

Back
Top Bottom