Not open for further replies.
25-Nov-09 176.0
2-Dec-09 179.0
9-Dec-09 177.0
16-Dec-09 176.0
6-Jan-10 179.5
13-Jan-10 178.0
20-Jan-10 181.0

I knew it was going to be a bad week but was still surprised to see a 3lb jump :whistle:

However, with everything else going on I'll not worry about until we've re-located to Texas.

I guess I missed the thread, but why did you move to AL? Job transfer?

Yes, job transfer for DH. Most of his work was becoming more and more concentrated in Birmingham, and he was on the road waaay too much. We are both much happier now that he is home more!

Yes, job transfer for DH. Most of his work was becoming more and more concentrated in Birmingham, and he was on the road waaay too much. We are both much happier now that he is home more!

My brother(deceased) lived in the Hoover area, Riverchase subdivision. His wife and daughter still lives there. Both are nurses at UAB. My niece just started as she is a recent Alabama grad. And I have a nephew who lives in Pelham. So I'm pretty familiar with the area.

Best of luck there.

OK, it's been a while since my last post. I'm happy to report that this week I got my 10-lb sticker at WW. Hooray! I'm finding it easy, and the weight is consistently coming off -- an average of 2 lbs per week. A big part of this is that I'm at the very beginning of the trek, and so I'm highly motivated (and I have a TON of points each day, because my weight, relatively, is high). But I had to order a new, smaller pair of jeans. Haven't done that in 15 years! Hooray! Next week I might make my 5% weight loss goal, which is Goal #1.

So, I'm currently weighing in at 235.2 lbs, which is the least I've weighed in 5 years, since kiddo #1 was born. To say I'm pleased would be an understatement.

OK, it's been a while since my last post. I'm happy to report that this week I got my 10-lb sticker at WW. Hooray! I'm finding it easy, and the weight is consistently coming off -- an average of 2 lbs per week. A big part of this is that I'm at the very beginning of the trek, and so I'm highly motivated (and I have a TON of points each day, because my weight, relatively, is high). But I had to order a new, smaller pair of jeans. Haven't done that in 15 years! Hooray! Next week I might make my 5% weight loss goal, which is Goal #1.

So, I'm currently weighing in at 235.2 lbs, which is the least I've weighed in 5 years, since kiddo #1 was born. To say I'm pleased would be an understatement.

That is brilliant - well done :flowers:, and here's hoping you have the will to keep it going. When I was doing WW I used to love getting those little milestone markers, and years later I still use the key ring I got when I made it to a 10% loss.

Good work Urchina! That is great that the weight is coming off so easily - keep up the motivation! How exciting to get into a new size pair of jeans after 15 years - YEAH! :dance:

Alan, only 3 lbs. during this time of transition? I think that's great. SimpleGirl, you're going to look fantastic in a bikini! Maybe I can stitch five bikinis together and wear that!

Urchina, I bow to you--that consistent loss is a wonderful accomplishment. What I love about WW is that it really isn't hard to do and it works. Which makes me wonder why I don't keep going! So you've inspired me to go.

After the holidays and a cruise, I'm pretty much the same. I've had knee pain in one knee since Thanksgiving, and so my activity has been limited to limping around the house for the last two weeks for the most part. I hope to have the torn meniscus remedied with a "scope" as the dr. called it (I made him explain to me that that means arthroscopic surgery) next week and be back to normal by the middle of March, but I was glad to see that the lack of exercise didn't cause me to gain, so I won't use that excuse to allow me to lose focus.

I'm starting a new goal today of 30 lbs., however long that takes, which will bring me to the top of my range. I'm going to try to keep that goal in mind!

Alan, only 3 lbs. during this time of transition? I think that's great. SimpleGirl, you're going to look fantastic in a bikini! Maybe I can stitch five bikinis together and wear that!

Urchina, I bow to you--that consistent loss is a wonderful accomplishment. What I love about WW is that it really isn't hard to do and it works. Which makes me wonder why I don't keep going! So you've inspired me to go.

After the holidays and a cruise, I'm pretty much the same. I've had knee pain in one knee since Thanksgiving, and so my activity has been limited to limping around the house for the last two weeks for the most part. I hope to have the torn meniscus remedied with a "scope" as the dr. called it (I made him explain to me that that means arthroscopic surgery) next week and be back to normal by the middle of March, but I was glad to see that the lack of exercise didn't cause me to gain, so I won't use that excuse to allow me to lose focus.

I'm starting a new goal today of 30 lbs., however long that takes, which will bring me to the top of my range. I'm going to try to keep that goal in mind!

Ouch - that torn meniscus sounds painful. 15 years ago I had a torn cartilidge repaired with a "scope" and within 6 - 8 weeks I was as good as new so I hope you have as much success as I had.

Even so, it is great that you are setting a new target and not using a poorly knee as an excuse.

Thanks for the strokes, everyone.

Alan, I'm with BWE on this one -- you've had a pretty tumultous winter, so kudos to you for keeping your eye on this through it all. I'm sure you'll hit your stride again, soon.

BWE, hang in there. I'm finding that WW is working even with very limited exercise. I hope to increase the amount of exercise I do, but for now, just keeping to my allotted points is working well.

See you all next week!

Hi simple girl,
What diet plan are you using?

I used to be on WW, but really don't want to have to count points for the rest of my life... :nonono:

It's the Joy Bauer LIFE diet: Lose Up to Five Pounds This Week With Joy's Online Program

We do the online plan. Actually, we paid for the plan for about 3 months while learning it, and now we just continue with what she taught us.

There is no point counting. I've done WW before, and I didn't want to do that either. You choose from various recipes for different meals, etc. You can mix and match as you like. The recipes are awesome! I think the variety in what you can eat, along with the structure provided initially, really helped us stick with it. Also, she focuses on lean protein in meals - I have never felt so satiated when on a diet. That has been key.

Last night I made gorgonzola-walnut stuffed chicken. It was tremendous. A few days ago I made a very tasty veggie quiche.

We don't always cook, but in the beginning we followed the plan religiously. Now, when we are busy, we substitute frozen meals (350 cal or less) as needed. I have essentially figured out how many calories I can get by with at each meal without tipping the scales. Whether I stick to that, or splurge, well...that's why I've gained a few pounds over the holidays!

Feel free to ask any more questions.

At the weigh-in today I was down nearly another pound. Didn't make my 5% goal this week, but with even a half-pound loss this week I will next week. Hooray!

This week's goal is to spend a little more time exercising. Hopefully today's rain will pass and I'll be able to take the kids on more walks. The dog could sure use the exercise, too!

177.5 Nov 2008
181 Dec 31 - Maximum 2008 weight :(
173.5 Dec 23 :dance::dance: Lowest 2009 weight
174 Dec 30
175 Jan 6, 2010
175.5 Jan 27 Minimal vacation effect - yeeehaaaaaaa :D

Short Term Goal - 170 lbs and maintaining all through 2010
Long Term Goal - 165 lbs for 2011
High school weight 135 lbs senior year, running track

5/27: 132 (post cruise)
6/24: 126
7/29: 120!!!
8/26: 118
9/30: 117 (post vacation weekend - Mobile)
10/28: 119
11/25: 119
12/30: 122
1/6/10: 123
1/13/10: 123
1/20/10: 123
1/27/10: 123

Highest was 139lb (2007)
5'4" Target range 116 - 121

Going nowhere real fast, LOL. I was very good on my diet this past week and worked out regularly. I think the difference is I am not back to work yet post our move. My work requires lots of walking, which apparently contributed more to my weight loss than I thought. Guess I'm gonna have to kick the workout up a notch.

Target 175lbs

1/06 186.5
1/13 185.5
1/20 184.5
1/27 183.5

So far so good. Last year I got down to 180 but hit a brick wall. Hope to be around my goal by Spring and then it should be pretty easy to maintain with all the exercise I get. Warm Spring days = lot's of exercise, or at least more than I get now.:-\

4-Nov-09 176.5
11-Nov-09 176.5
18-Nov-09 175.5
25-Nov-09 176.0
2-Dec-09 179.0
9-Dec-09 177.0
16-Dec-09 176.0
6-Jan-10 179.5
13-Jan-10 178.0
20-Jan-10 181.0
27-Jan-10 179.0

Target Range 170 -175
Highest 210lbs (2002)

Phew!! - back below 180. It may take a couple of weeks to get back into a routine but losing 2lbs this week was a pleasant surprise with all the ER celebratory meals we've been having.

4-

Phew!! - back below 180. It may take a couple of weeks to get back into a routine but losing 2lbs this week was a pleasant surprise with all the ER celebratory meals we've been having.

How many boxes did you have to dig through to find the scales?;)

I'm joining the weigh-in group here as I need a little accountability without feeling like a cow being weighed for slaughter at a WW meeting. :greetings10:

Thanks for the recommendation of the Joy Bauer diet simple girl, but I hate someone else telling me what to eat - even if it's me!

Last week, I bought the daily plate application off livestrong.com for my blackberry. It's on the front screen of my blackberry so I can't ignore it. It's so easy (and fun) to track everything on there, I wish I had done it a long time ago. Hmm. I wonder if there's an app for tracking expenses...

I started off at 177 and am down to 172.8 this morning just sticking to about 1500 calories a day. My exercise has been walking the dog for about an hour a day (he loves this mom being retired stuff) and a few sessions on the Wii Fit. I've had pretty low energy since I'm slightly anemic (fibroids) and am working on building up my iron levels as well. I'm hoping that once I feel a bit better I will want to go back to lifting weights again. It seems like such a ripoff that now that I'm semi-retired and have the time to work out, I don't have the energy to do it!

I put on about 30 pounds this last year while working two jobs and many, many 16 hour days. I don't know what I want to weigh as a goal as I've been anywhere from 115-140 and felt okay anywhere in that range depending on how much muscle I had built up. I did 2 rounds of BFL about 8 years ago (while working very part-time - working out becomes a main hobby of mine when I'm not working a lot) and ended up around 140 but felt great at the higher weight.

All of you are so close to your goal weights, congratulations! I feel like the 400 pound chick with a bunch of 200 pounders on the biggest loser... :blush:

How many boxes did you have to dig through to find the scales?;)

We did think about that ahead of time. ;)

We kept a couple of boxes open for the last items this morning - the scales got packed a few minutes ago with the freshly washed towels after our shower this morning. I feel guilty sitting here while DW is vacuuming the bathrooms but she told me to get close to her phone so we could hear the removals men calling above the noise :whistle: (they did call her yesterday afternoon while walking through Cox's parking lot with arms full of cable boxes and remote controls etc)

oops - vacuuming over, back to work.....

oops - vacuuming over, back to work.....

Ugggh! The cleaning when you are moving out s*cks! DH got out of it...but...our mover (we hired someone to help us load the truck) didn't show up...so guess who loaded up the 24' truck ALL by himself? Yeah, my strong man. :smitten:

Oh, we did have a friend come by for 30 minutes to help with the heavy stuff. Otherwise, it was DH and the dolly. I cleaned most of the time, but did help with some of the lifting. What a LONG day. We were so p*ssed at the moving guy that didn't show.

Fortunately, our unloaders DID show up, and we were unloaded within 1.5 hours!

DateWeightFat%
1/23/08196.817.1%
7/30/08191.816.0%
11/12/08195.217.1%
12/03/08198.217.8%
1/07/09200.617.9%
3/04201.817.7%
5/06197.416.7%
6/03200.217.6%
7/01198.417.7%
8/05195.217.0%
10/07194.216.9%
12/02201.418.4%
1/06/2010201.217.9%
1/27197.417.7%
Goal190.015.3%
Highest260May 2001
Lowest190June 2007

Didn't post the last couple of weeks. Been busy. I've been eating poorly the last couple of weeks and not working out as much. But I've replaced that with trying to get our house ready for market. Lots of lifting and carrying and stuff.

My ibuprofen diet seems to be working--down 1.5 lbs. this week toward my 30 lb. goal, despite being virtually housebound this week as I baby my poor knee (wah wah poor me).

Getting ready to move a household has to burn a ton of calories, Kronk and Alan. Maybe I should call a realtor.

Ugggh! The cleaning when you are moving out s*cks! DH got out of it...but...our mover (we hired someone to help us load the truck) didn't show up...so guess who loaded up the 24' truck ALL by himself? Yeah, my strong man. :smitten:

Oh, we did have a friend come by for 30 minutes to help with the heavy stuff. Otherwise, it was DH and the dolly.

Now, if I had a dolly (bird) helping me with the heavy stuff I'd also perform really well:cool: ... or did something get lost in translation there?

My ibuprofen diet seems to be working--down 1.5 lbs. this week toward my 30 lb. goal, despite being virtually housebound this week as I baby my poor knee (wah wah poor me).

Getting ready to move a household has to burn a ton of calories, Kronk and Alan. Maybe I should call a realtor.

Hope your knee gets better soon.

FYI - The realtor diet is very expensive :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom