I've done my part....

Donzo

Full time employment: Posting here.
To make the market continue to go up, up, up. I rebalanced my allocation and also got rid of 2 old lack luster aggressive Mutual funds. I bought them a very long time ago (late 80s, early 90s, thanks to money mag.suggestions) - I just could not sell them at a loss...and instead settled for a very poor long term performance. I don't know why it is so painful for me to sell out of funds, I always hold for just one more year. Anyway, it feels great to have more cash on hand, more Wellesley and 2 aggressive dogs gone! I've done my part (anti-whee)....how bout you?

You're not alone not wanting to unload a dog or two; it's human nature. I've been asset allocating for quite a number of years, and pretty much with non-managed etf's, so unless I change my strategy, there's no where else to go, and no fund manager to blame.

Same here, no manager - feels good to take some money off the table and slay a loser or 2 - 2 birds....
Of course one of the losers I sold was up 1 % today - :rolleyes:

[QUOTERule #1: Never look back. :D ][/QUOTE]

Easier said than done!!

Rule #1: Never look back. :D

I try not to....but, as heirloom says "easier said than done"! But, It could have easily gone the other way(whee factor) and I finally cleaned up this "dirty" lil' part of my portfolio. I stopped thinking Money mag was a good source for mutual purchases in the early 90s. It does have some entertainment value tho - I still get it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom