Jeopardy finance questions

$700

I had to go back and re-read the question on the 2 dollar bill again. Totally misread the question :facepalm: I understood all the rest just didn't know the answers to some, although I should have guessed cashier :nonono:

Tell me you got the exchequer one right? :D

some how I missed the chancellor of the exchequer. I even double checked the spelling.
I got $2200 over all.

I've heard "ducats" used as slang for money (the internet says it's a hip hop and/or California thing, both of which I'm totally in touch with). Never tickets.

The word ducat was a common term for an admission ticket when I was a kid in NYC back in the 1950s, so it may be one of those definitions that go in and out of fashion periodically.

I got 1200 but several were checked wrong because of misspellings or last name when they wanted two names.

These computerized Jeopardy quizzes often irritate me because they always demand an *exact* match on the text even when variations would obviously be accepted on the actual game show.

Is a cashier really a bank officer? And I was also frustrated by needing exact answers. I've noticed on the show it's better to give last names only and only give the first if prompted/required, because if you give the first name wrong you miss the answer. Tried that and missed Anthony. I also thought it should let you skip questions you don't know, since on the show you wouldn't buzz in for an answer you don't have a guess for. Oh well, $1700 even with the flaws.

Only got the +/- 4 technical questions right (e.g. APR, haircut).

Ended up owing Alex a good monthly salary :)

Tell me you got the exchequer one right? :D

I certainly did get that one right, but I've never heard of a ducat being used as slang for ticket. I was annoyed about not getting cashier because that is a common name for a bank teller in England.

Back
Top Bottom