Job Burnout? what did you do to change it?

Your right and believe me, that is why it is hard for me to just walk!
Don't let that thought out of your mind, if you do something impulsive and/or without a plan - you could be more unhappy. Make sure you land in a better place, even if it's grim in the interim. Best of luck...

But I have no idea how to even act in a sabatical situation ... I guess because I have never done it, I have had a job basically since I was 16 but it does sound kind of exciting and adventureous and yes it could possibly recharge my batteries!?

I can attest that a sabbatical can definitely recharge your batteries. It gives you time to dump your BS bucket. I know that ESRBob advocates taking a few months off to do not much. I find that 3 weeks of doing not much is enough for me. After that, I need something engaging, not necessarily the same work I did before, but something that can keep me occupied. Xtradoe, you should plan for some worthwhile activities that you can do for the rest of your sabbatical.

Frankly, a lot of corporate BS is meaningless crap that should be taken as chest thumping. It's scary crap if your house payment, car payments, and whatever other payments are dependent on the job. Otherwise, it's actually kind of hilarious in a dark, comedic way.

I look at the net worth all the time and watch it grow....that makes me feel a bit better :D

Seriously though, I would take a long vacation to recharge.

I look at the net worth all the time and watch it grow....that makes me feel a bit better :D

Seriously though, I would take a long vacation to recharge.

LOL. That works as a great past time in bull markets, but I certainly wouldn't want to have nothing to do all day besides watching my portfolio dwindle in a bear market. BTW, I know you are kidding.

Sorry to hear that it is still the same old thing xtradoe.....take a sabbatical if you can to recharge and relax.

I hear sabbactical ....

Sorry to hear that it is still the same old thing xtradoe.....take a sabbatical if you can to recharge and relax.

I think you are very much right, I need a recharge, I know now is not perfect timing but is there ever a perfect time??

looking at making the exit middle of August, I need to get my ducks in a row!

Anyone have a check list for taking a sabbactical?

Back
Top Bottom