Just a few hours more than a year ago...

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
...a little person showed up and changed our lives forever.

He's wearing a spongebob hat and shortly will be trying to see how much cake he can put everywhere but in his mouth.

Little Gabe has turned out to be a non-stop smiler, never stops talking although we still dont understand what dialect of klingon he speaks, flirts at every opportunity and is absolutely into everything. He's also stubborn and very persistent.

We dont know exactly where he gets these traits.

Happy first birthday Gabe!

Yeah, Happy Birthday, Gabe. And never miss an opportunity to nettle you old man.

Ha

flirts at every opportunity
Reminds me of a time when my son was a year and a half. We were at a restaurant and he reaches over from his high chair and starts patting the waitress on the butt.  :confused: I think we left a larger tip than usual that night.
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday Gabe!!

Happy Happy Birthday Gabe!!! They sure change your life forever! He sounds adorable!

Dreamer

Hey Little Gabe:

Happy, Happy Birthday! You sure are a "Chip off the Ol' Block" . . . :-*

Seriously, it sounds like you won the lotto to have the parents you do! So, you're already ahead right out of the gate. Brains, a great sense of humor, perseverance, and even stubbornness (at times) does a person good in life. If you're "cute", that can't hurt either!

Toejam

Happy birthday, Gabe! You're a lucky kid! Flirt away, eventually that behavior will be frowned upon so Carpe Diem! ;)

Happy birthday Gabe! But tell your dad to stop patting those waitresses' butts and blaming on you.)

Happy birthday to your little one parenthesis dude! Do you have some birthday pics to share?

Thanks a million for the kind words. He's a great little man. To hell with ER, a great job, a big house or getting to kick the crap out of a bad financial planner with no legal repercussions. This is what lifes all about. He *is* the meaning.

Pics tomorrow. Dad is pretty much destroyed after cooking, service and cleaning up after 15 adults and 5 kids. Standing rib roast with my own special au jus and home-made REAL horseradish sauce, a sweet potato casserole a la scalloped potato made with sliced sweets, onions, milk, nutmeg, fresh thyme and a lot of grated long aged parmesan, blanched green beans, microgreen salad with a 'fresh salad bar' of sliced ancilliary ingredients and a vinaigrette made from homemade apple vinegar (thanks to my dad), a little aged balsamic, walnut oil, some fresh herbs and garlic.

Finished up with rocky road and a chocolate cake that I heard was to die for. I still havent had a slice... I was on my second dishwasher load and scrubbing pans at the time. At least three husbands went home getting further instructions on their new responsibilities. When the (cousins wife) had to forgo her dinner to feed her 4 month old, and I had her dinner rewarmed and augmented by the time she came out, I think I created a lot of near future domestic problems. I probably didnt help by asking "If thats not what you're up for, I can make a nice organic whole wheat crust pizza with some mushrooms, garlic, feta cheese and artichokes, or I can warm up some of the ham, lentil, pinto bean and collard green soup I made yesterday...". To hell with prenups...be braggable about and its not an issue ;)

I took some very, very cool photos of Gabe eating his first slice of birthday cake. we just gave it to him in his high chair and let him have at it. A high degree of nasal frosting induction occurred. Will post them tomorrow...as when I was settling in with the Mrs. for the evening I stepped on Ted lying unexpectedly in the dark in the hallway with a full glass of wine in my hand. Expecting to end up head first in a wall or something more delicate being damaged, the dog and I did a nice 45 second dance in the hallway where I probably resembled a one armed wallpaper hanger using fast dry glue for the first time. Threw out my back and have at least 5 more muscles that aint happy. No, that isnt one of them. So in the AM after some alleve and a hot bath, i'll fire up the main computer and pull in some photos.

The look on gabies face when a bazillion people sang 'happy birthday' to him was precious. Not particularly scared, not particularly happy, just very very curious as to why everyone was singing at HIM!.

Crap, I need a glass of wine and a painkiller. Anyone else? :)

() said:
Thanks a million for the kind words.  He's a great little man.  To hell with ER, a great job, a big house or getting to kick the crap out of a bad financial planner with no legal repercussions.  This is what lifes all about.  He *is* the meaning.

Pics tomorrow.  Dad is pretty much destroyed after cooking, service and cleaning up after 15 adults and 5 kids.  Standing rib roast with my own special au jus and home-made REAL horseradish sauce, a sweet potato casserole a la scalloped potato made with sliced sweets, onions, milk, nutmeg, fresh thyme and a lot of grated long aged parmesan, blanched green beans, microgreen salad with a 'fresh salad bar' of sliced ancilliary ingredients and a vinaigrette made from homemade apple vinegar (thanks to my dad), a little aged balsamic, walnut oil, some fresh herbs and garlic.

Finished up with rocky road and a chocolate cake that I heard was to die for.  I still havent had a slice... I was on my second dishwasher load and scrubbing pans at the time.  At least three husbands went home getting further instructions on their new responsibilities.  When the (cousins wife) had to forgo her dinner to feed her 4 month old, and I had her dinner rewarmed and augmented by the time she came out, I think I created a lot of near future domestic problems.  I probably didnt help by asking "If thats not what you're up for, I can make a nice organic whole wheat crust pizza with some mushrooms, garlic, feta cheese and artichokes, or I can warm up some of the ham, lentil, pinto bean and collard green soup I made yesterday...".  To hell with prenups...be braggable about and its not an issue ;)

I took some very, very cool photos of Gabe eating his first slice of birthday cake.   we just gave it to him in his high chair and let him have at it.  A high degree of nasal frosting induction occurred. Will post them tomorrow...as when I was settling in with the Mrs. for the evening I stepped on Ted lying unexpectedly in the dark in the hallway with a full glass of wine in my hand.  Expecting to end up head first in a wall or something more delicate being damaged, the dog and I did a nice 45 second dance in the hallway where I probably resembled a one armed wallpaper hanger using fast dry glue for the first time.  Threw out my back and have at least 5 more muscles that aint happy.  No, that isnt one of them.  So in the AM after some alleve and a hot bath, i'll fire up the main computer and pull in some photos.

The look on gabies face when a bazillion people sang 'happy birthday' to him was precious.  Not particularly scared, not particularly happy, just very very curious as to why everyone was singing at HIM!.

Crap, I need a glass of wine and a painkiller.  Anyone else? :)

() you sound like the perfect wife. (hehe)

I actually said "ladies...its time to take advantage of the captive househusband before your opportunity ends..."

My wife, I am quite sure, will collect numerous points for that from the ladies over the coming weeks and months. Its all free.

And yeah, at this stage of my life, I *am* at least the best 'housewife' and father that I can be. And very happy that financial indepence has let me focus on what is really important...the two most important people in my life.

Thanks for the setup. I owe ya one. Unless it involves owning or driving some sort of chevrolet product. ;)

Cute fuzzy bunny said:
Pics tomorrow. Dad is pretty much destroyed after cooking, service and cleaning up after 15 adults and 5 kids. Standing rib roast with my own special au jus and home-made REAL horseradish sauce, a sweet potato casserole a la scalloped potato made with sliced sweets, onions, milk, nutmeg, fresh thyme and a lot of grated long aged parmesan, blanched green beans, microgreen salad with a 'fresh salad bar' of sliced ancilliary ingredients and a vinaigrette made from homemade apple vinegar (thanks to my dad), a little aged balsamic, walnut oil, some fresh herbs and garlic.

Finished up with rocky road and a chocolate cake that I heard was to die for.

I was pretty impressed until I remembered you used to be in marketing.

You really just cooked some a roast, a couple veggies on the side with salad and a cake for dessert. ;)

That's basically a Hungryman Salisbury Steak frozen dinner plus a side salad from burger king!

(this is sarcasm)

I'm afraid The King wasnt a participant...and yeah, you'd do well to remember that bit about marketing... ;)

justin said:
I was pretty impressed until I remembered you used to be in marketing. 

You really just cooked some a roast, a couple veggies on the side with salad and a cake for dessert.  ;)

That's basically a Hungryman Salisbury Steak frozen dinner plus a side salad from burger king!
That's impressive, but what's even more impressive is the observable results on the rest of the women in the room... there's a relationship book in there somewhere.

It's a good thing you enjoy raising kids, cooking, & cleaning kitchens, TH. 'Cause the guys who came with the spouses you invited to that party are sure gonna be avoiding you for a long time!

Oh absolutely. I saw a whole bunch of "I'm ****ed" looks on their faces at various times...

Worth the price of admission.

Besides, you think any married man actually has any say over where they go and when? ;)

Ok, here's pics. Hey BMJ...I know how you feel a little bit this morning. After the 'dance of death' in the hallway last night I feel like every bolt in my body has been loosened 1/8th turn and then the gap filled with sand.

I cant believe I ate the whole thing...

img_357000_0_9d85d41418a4babd0ac681117a5c3ba2.jpg

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

img_357000_1_504363decf090b4ee6b451c1c2c5ca12.jpg

Gabe is soooo adorable. He has such expressive eyes. Happy birthday dear Gabe. Happy birthday to you.

LL

(),

aka

TH,

aka

(Cute Fuzzy Bear),

Cute kid. I love those first birthday photos. My two wore their first cake too.

BTW, maybe I missed it but why the change in screen name?

Back
Top Bottom