Keep up with the exercise

And we can improve our results with apps: Want Better Heart Health? There's an App for That | Health Care | US News

Not on its own, but an app could help you adopt a heart-healthy lifestyle that might reduce your risk of heart attack, stroke and heart disease, a new evidence review suggests.

People are better able to stick to a heart-healthy lifestyle when guided and encouraged by smartphone apps and Internet sites that help set goals and track progress, said lead researcher Dr. Ashkan Afshin. He's an acting assistant professor of global health at the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington in Seattle.

Interesting findings that electronically monitoring and recording your efforts have been found to foster success.

My Fitbit has really helped me not to fool myself about how much I am walking. If I don't have my 10k steps by evening I march in place until I get them while I watch TV.

Exercise is good for you? Huh. What's next? An expose' on eating vegetables?

If I stopped all exercise for 10 days I'm pretty sure my head would fall off.

Really, I think they are observing the training effect - highly perishable in athletes at this level. Lots more information is needed. A fun physiology experiment nonetheless.

The participants who volunteered for the study were all "master athletes" whom the researchers describe as "a unique population and should not be considered equivalent to older adults who engage in regular moderate to vigorous intensity leisure-time physical activity."

With an average continuous endurance training history of around 29 years, the volunteers regularly took part in national and regional events.
Just before taking part in the study, they were running an average of 59 kilometers a week and training on 5 days a week.

Misread the title as Keep up with the excuses. Eh just waking up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom