Kenmore Washer Not starting at all

HF63

Recycles dryer sheets
This is my first time trying to fix a Kenmore washer with a pull out timer.

It has power to the the timer and manage to check the lid switch but is totally dead.

I can rotate the dial to any location and does not response at all making the trouble shooting more difficult for me.

Any ideas:(

Speedy/ wife calls me Lazy Dog

^^Have you searched YouTube? My 25 yo washer has broken down twice, and both times I found a diagnosis/repair video on YouTube showing what parts I needed and how to repair my exact model. The first fix cost me $9, the second was $20...and it’s still running fine.

So with the timer pulled out (on) and you push down on the lid, it won’t come on?

Guess you have already seen this?

Last edited:
I did saw that video and enter my model number at their website and came out empty, nothing.

I am see if I can find a video for just checking the timer.

I did saw that video and enter my model number at their website and came out empty, nothing.

I am see if I can find a video for just checking the timer.
What exact model number is it? I'd be surprised if we can't find an answer or troubleshooting guidance online.

Here is the info Kenmore washer 500 model number 100.29522801

Similar but additional info regarding GFI. Have you plugged something else into the outlet to see if it works? Do you know if this outlet is, or is controlled by, a GFI in another location?

My guess is that the model number starts with 110 instead of 100.

110 prefix indicates Whirlpool as the manufacturer. My refrigerator model number starts with 106 which is also Whirlpool, but from a different plant. Sometimes, the manufacturer's website gives more trouble shooting info than the Sears manual.

Here's a link to the general info.

http://appliancepartspros.com/repair-help/sears_kenmore-fault-codes.html

In any case, a google search for a model number or part will often bring up links to the manual, or in the case of specific problems, as "won't start" a quick solution.

Last edited:
I done the cycle thing and check power all the way to the timer. This washer has no internal fuse!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom