Kiyosaki again!

perinova said:
Let me say that there are lots of rich folks who don't want to work either. (like FIRed people on this forum  :D). Good thing for them is that they don't have to.

Reaching some financial level is a lot like climbing the Empire State Building. Starting from the ground would you ever attempt it? Starting from the middle don't look down or you'd faint so keep climbing until you reach the top. The top is pretty secure there you'd be nuts to try to go any further. 

Try to make sure your children don't have to go back to ground level. Remember what Buffet said: :D

I think you missed the point E2E was making.

But to comment on your points, I never wanted to work, but I did it (and am still doing it)to get to ER.  If I didn't bust my hump working 7 days a week from morning to night, I wouldn't be in the comfortable situation I am in today.  I think what E2E was saying is that some people don't try to better themselves or find some copout.

To respond to your Empire State Building example, yes, I would think many people who want to succeed do attempt climbing from the bottom floor.  I started with negative net worth and earned every penny I have, as have many other ER people here.  And if I lost everything I have, I would do it all over again.

And as far as the top being secure, there's no such thing.  There are plenty of people at the top that fall all the way to the bottom again.

nun said:
I've just watched 2 mins of Kiyosaki plugging his CDs and books on my local PBS pledge drive.
The PBS woman asked him a listener's question about how to get out of debt. His answer went something like this

"Donald Trump, George Foreman and Tony Robbins were all once in debt, so you're not alone, just buy my books and get some financial education and you're problems will be solved......."

Laughable, how can PBS endorse this charlatan. Also if you're in financial trouble the last thing you should be doing is spending money on a PBS membership. Take the PBS money and pay down some credit card debt.

Why oh why isn't there a  show on TV that gives practical financial advice. The only thing that comes close is the Motley Fool radio show and that awful Suze Orman woman who actually gives some good advice on her call in show.

Kind of like the folks who ask: "I've got $20,000 in credit card debt. My aunt died and left me $20,000. What part-time business can I start so I can make enough money to pay off my credit card debt"? :confused: :confused: :confused:

FinanceDude said:
Kind of like the folks who ask: "I've got $20,000 in credit card debt.  My aunt died and left me $20,000.  What part-time business can I start so I can make enough money to pay off my credit card debt"?              :confused: :confused: :confused:

That's a Dave Ramsey phone call if I ever heard one! :D

How about a party with both twister and wesson oil. I feel naughty just thinking about it.

dwk

I read his book retire young, retire rich. I laughed out loud several times. One of my favorate quotes = losers are people that have been successful at not failing. You must fail to be rich. He is the guy that makes suggestions and if you fail, he says - told you so! If you are successful, he says - told you so!

I did like the chapter when he discussed his retirement in 94. He says it took him 6 months to slow down enough to take a full year off. He does some soul searching and lives in the moment.
Then he jumps back in the fry pan and continues to call himself retired.

I wish I had read his book when I was in my 20s. There were a couple of times when I could have taken out a 2nd on homes I was leaving to purchase my new abode and rent out the old house. The areas I left have seen huge increases in value. Oh well....woulda/coulda.

Back
Top Bottom