Laminate and Tile Flooring

ferco

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone have any experience with putting in laminate and tile as far as material and labor costs. For example, a 1,500 square foot area being done in either laminate or tile.....what are some GENERAL costs estimates from anyone who's had this work done OR who as a contractor has performed the work for others.

We have a 600' apartment in which our tenant built a campfire in the kitchen. We'll be replacing flooring in the kitchen, hall, bath, and a currently carpeted dining area. If we go with vinyl sheet goods the total bill with prep, 70' of 4" vinyl base, and 31 yards of sheet vinyl flooring will run between $1019 and $1112 depending on the grade of vinyl we choose. If we go with Konecto click together vinyl tiles we would only have 168' of material vs 279' of sheet goods but it would add about $300 to the job. Welcome to METROFLOR Konecto Konecto seems much like the Allure you can get at Home Depot, but with perhaps a better attaching system. I'm thinking that indicates about $5.40/foot or $8100 for your 1500', which seems high.

We just paid $1450.00 to have the 625-square-foot first floor of a townhouse re-floored in laminate. That was using a "flooring liquidator" outfit, and was the cheapest quote we got. Home Depot and Lowes wanted significantly more. As I've mentioned here and there, we are in a high-cost area - labor costs are through the roof, even though the labor is no doubt "undocumented."

A.

We just had about 1100 sqft of tile installed in South Florida. Labor was $3/sqft, tile was $2/sqft and there was another $500 in other materials (grout, thin set,...). Tile can range from about $1/sqft to $10+/sqft. We did all the removal of the old carpet & tack strips. Beware if you have carpet, if the floor is not flat underneath, it will have to be floated. This can significantly increase the installation cost.

I did laminate in my kitchen about siz of 10 X 8 myself. I first used IKEA material, but I could not get them click well, so I returned them.

Then, I usd Costco ones and they clicked nicely seemlessly. I do not remember how much I paid, but I do not think costing too much.

If I am retired, and I have carpet to replace, I can see myself doing my whole house of 1500 sf. It might cost $2000-3000 material from Costco, maybe? It might take me 2-3 months. Except, my whole house is already on laminate. Wife paid $4000 total years ago. We are in Los Angeles.

I use laminate where possible, from Sam's club in my apartments. Tile in the bathrooms. $4 a foot to install is somewhat typical here for tile. $2 a foot for laminate.

I do all my own installs on my 24 rentals. It is easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom