Leaf Blower Recommendation

eytonxav

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Since we put in artificial turf a few months ago, I want to get a leaf blower for blowing leaves off the turf. I also need to use it for winter cleanups in the front of my house as plenty of leaves from all around the street magically appear in my front yard. Specifically, I am wondering how good the EGO leaf blowers are or is there something better. Anyone have any experience with EGO or a different model?

Since we put in artificial turf a few months ago, I want to get a leaf blower for blowing leaves off the turf. I also need to use it for winter cleanups in the front of my house as plenty of leaves from all around the street magically appear in my front yard. Specifically, I am wondering how good the EGO leaf blowers are or is there something better. Anyone have any experience with EGO or a different model?

No experience with the EGo leaf blower but I have the EGo lawn mower. I chose the EGo lawn mower based on the reviews saying the battery technology was currently the best out there--longest run times, quickest charge times. Plus, they are interchangeable with EGo's other devices. I'm pretty sure an EGo leaf blower is in my future.

Best advice I can give is to seek out unbiased YouTube reviews of leaf blowers, if you haven't done so already.

I have an EGo blower (and mower, 2 stage snow blower, weed trimmer and hedge trimmer)

The blower works well. Mine has a Turbo mode. It eats a 5 amp hour battery in about 20 minutes. But, it works great and I have the batteries.

EGo makes a quality tool and their batteries hold up.

I have an EGo blower (and mower, 2 stage snow blower, weed trimmer and hedge trimmer)

The blower works well. Mine has a Turbo mode. It eats a 5 amp hour battery in about 20 minutes. But, it works great and I have the batteries.

EGo makes a quality tool and their batteries hold up.
Not to hijack, but bloom, how well does the snowblower work?

Not to hijack, but bloom, how well does the snowblower work?

This was my second winter with the 2 stage snow blower. Both winters were full of snow.

The first season I had 2 sets of 7.5 amp hour batteries. I was always able to finish my large driveway but didn't have extra to help the neighbors if needed.

Last fall I bought a pair of 12 amp hour batteries. Took advantage of a sale, Rakuten and a coupon and got a good deal.

The 12 amp hour batteries were beasts. I could blow for 90 minutes and then had the 7.5 ah sets to help the neighbors.

The snowblower works better than my gas blower. Throws farther. Great controls. Can do the end of the driveway frozen junk.

The only thing I have no data on is will it last for 5-7 years? So far so good. I'd highly recommend it if you have invested in the batteries.

The 12 ah set was maybe overkill, but I can also use them mowing.

I have a cheap Ryobi blower and am very happy with it. I think battery operated blowers have come a long way. I would not hesitate to get an EGO blower. They running a small discount at ACE right now if you sign up for their rewards program. The only reason I don't have one is because I live on an acre and already have a gas blower for leaf season. My Ryobi takes care of most everything else during the year.

Ego makes several different leaf blowers. They start at 480cfm and go to 800cfm. I have the 670cfm and have no complaints.

I have an ego. It’s amazing for moderate sized jobs. I get about 7000 sf in turbo mode in one charge. I’ve since bought ego string trimmers and chain saw.

The gas powered tools I own have more power than the egos, but it’s tough to beat the convenience of electric, especially if you dont need the extra power that gas tools provide.

I have an EGO blower. Works great. Also have their mower and string trimmer

Why isn't it possible to invent a silent leaf blower? I hate these things. Personally, I've never had the need to blow leaves around the earth.

Why isn't it possible to invent a silent leaf blower? I hate these things. Personally, I've never had the need to blow leaves around the earth.
Not just leaves - snow, dust, dirt, gravel, blossom petals, shingle granules out of eaves troughs, sticks, water, litter, .... the list is endless.

I have three of the Ryobi 730 cfm blowers. They are superior to the Stihl gas blowers that I used to use and much quieter and better smelling.

Purchased an EGO leaf blower and string trimmer in summer of 2016. I share a battery between the two. The "trigger" on the trimmer malfunctioned in year two and was repaired under warranty at Home Depot. The charger stopped working last year and I purchased a new quick charger with battery. I've had quite a few gas trimmers/blowers/edgers in the past and would not purchase a new one. Very happy with my EGO tools and if my Honda mower died tomorrow I'd probably replace it with an EGO.

We have a Greenworks Pro. It works pretty well with the turbo boost, but then the battery only lasts about 15 min. 25-30 min on the regular high setting.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think EGO will do the trick, as I too have had a positive experience with their lawnmower.

+1 on the EGo blower and products. Have the mower, blower, and chainsaw and love them all. Will add others as gas powered versions need replacing

Personally, I've never had the need to blow leaves around the earth.

So, what do you suggest people with trees in their yard that drop lots of leaves onto the lawn in the fall?

1. Spend several hours per day for a couple of days raking the leaves into piles, then bagging them.

2. Spend a couple hours using a leaf blower to blow the leaves into piles then bag them.

3. Try to mulch them into bits with your lawn mower and leave the remnants on the lawn.

4. Do nothing. Let the leaves rot where they fall.

Not just leaves - snow, dust, dirt, gravel, blossom petals, shingle granules out of eaves troughs, sticks, water, litter, .... the list is endless. ...

I've been tempted to get one to use after I take a shower. I hate to squeegee the walls/glass as I get cold. I think I could blow all that water a way in 10~20 seconds with an electric leaf blower. That would likely get it out of all the corners where the mold/mildew can take hold.

Hey, maybe even use it to dry my hands! Or my whole body?

-ERD50

They still have a heck of a deal online only at ACE, EGO 650 cfm 4 AH bat, if you can find in stock. Might even have same deal at Amazon
Got mine last week.
Oldmike
EGO Power+ LB6503 180 mph 650 CFM 56 V Battery Handheld Leaf Blower Kit (Battery & Charger) W/ 4.0 AH BATTERYItem #7011812| Mfr #LB6503
(4456)
Write Review
|
Questions & Answers (7)
SALE / ONLINE ONLY
$249.00 Save 24%
$189.00

They still have a heck of a deal online only at ACE, EGO 650 cfm 4 AH bat, if you can find in stock. Might even have same deal at Amazon
Got mine last week.
Oldmike
EGO Power+ LB6503 180 mph 650 CFM 56 V Battery Handheld Leaf Blower Kit (Battery & Charger) W/ 4.0 AH BATTERYItem #7011812| Mfr #LB6503
(4456)
Write Review
|
Questions & Answers (7)
SALE / ONLINE ONLY
$249.00 Save 24%
$189.00

If anyone uses the Apple Card, they have 6% back for the month of June at Ace. Also sign up for Rakuten for 2% in rebates back.

Can't recall what make or model, my $5.- goodwill electric leaf blower works just fine. As does my 20 yo. Mcculloh. Last year it needed a new ignition coil, found one on fleabay for $3.50 free shipping, and a half hour labor by me.

My Ryobi bit the dust last week and I upgraded to a Dewalt 450cfm 20v & couldn't be happier. One of my most used tools for blowing out the shop/garage and for finishing the yard work. Came with a 5ah battery for $179 on Amazon.

The one thing on this earth that I wish was never invented is the leaf blower. So damn annoying. Use a rake!

So, what do you suggest people with trees in their yard that drop lots of leaves onto the lawn in the fall?

1. Spend several hours per day for a couple of days raking the leaves into piles, then bagging them.

2. Spend a couple hours using a leaf blower to blow the leaves into piles then bag them.

3. Try to mulch them into bits with your lawn mower and leave the remnants on the lawn.

4. Do nothing. Let the leaves rot where they fall.

5. Blow them into the neighbors yard

I don't have a lot of leaves. I just mow them up. I know this doesn't work in some yards with old and large trees.

My EGo mower chops them up small enough. I use my blower to clean the garage. Blow leaves out of the rocks and landscaping. Clean the driveway and sidewalks.

Back
Top Bottom