Leaf Blower Recommendation

The one thing on this earth that I wish was never invented is the leaf blower. So damn annoying. Use a rake!

I'm sure lots of people with leaf blowers wouldn't mind if you spent several days or even weeks raking leaves. They don't have that kind of time, which is why leaf blowers sell so well.

Really, they were not invented solely to annoy people. They were invented to save people using them time and effort. Get some earplugs.

I'm sure lots of people with leaf blowers wouldn't mind if you spent several days or even weeks raking leaves. They don't have that kind of time, which is why leaf blowers sell so well.

Really, they were not invented solely to annoy people. They were invented to save people using them time and effort. Get some earplugs.

Well said. I have 3 leaf blowers. An ego electric for light work, a gas stihl for medium, and a backpack gas husqvarna for heavy leaf movement. While I only run my leaf blower’s during daylight hours, I don’t care what the neighbors think. But we live on 5 acre lots and my neighbors are old, so I doubt they even hear it.

I've been tempted to get one to use after I take a shower. I hate to squeegee the walls/glass as I get cold. I think I could blow all that water a way in 10~20 seconds with an electric leaf blower. That would likely get it out of all the corners where the mold/mildew can take hold.

Hey, maybe even use it to dry my hands! Or my whole body?

-ERD50
Absolutely. Possibilities are endless. I have to admit that is have opened all the doors and lift-gate in the minivan and just let loose. The Ryobi is much better than the Stihl for this application.

Another benefit of leaf blowers is for the car guys to remove water from crevices after a wash.

My Ryobi bit the dust last week and I upgraded to a Dewalt 450cfm 20v & couldn't be happier. One of my most used tools for blowing out the shop/garage and for finishing the yard work. Came with a 5ah battery for $179 on Amazon.

DeWalt for us as well.

Used for blowing off the deck & stairs, not for "raking" leaves since the landscaping company handles all mowing & leaf collection for our townhome.

Another benefit of leaf blowers is for the car guys to remove water from crevices after a wash.
I like this! Also the narrow gap between a pickup truck's bed and the cabin area that gets full of leaves.

Why work when you can play with a new blower.
oldmike

Attachments

• egoball.jpg
    egoball.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 28
We have Dewalt everything! The same batteries go from drill, to chainsaw, to leaf blower, and more.

Leaf blowers work for motorcycles and bicycles after a wash/rinse too. I also use it for blowing out the garage instead of sweeping with a broom,
I have an inexpensive corded Toro Rake and Vac for the times between when the lawn service visits. Since 80% of my backyard is landscaped with a driveway, large pergola and sections of crushed stone it works well to keep things clear of all the leaves from my neighbors trees. It works just fine and works continuously until I get tired.

Cheers!

I have all Ryobi lawn tools, but I particularly like my 40volt Ryobi leaf blower and lawnmower.

I've been in the EGO system since May 2016. Started with 21" lawn mower w/ 5amp battery. Then the following winter Feb 2017 bought the snow blower with 2 x 5amp batteries, followed by the string trimmer in 2018 w/5amp battery, followed the hand held leaf blower w/o battery in 2019. I live on a 1/4acre lot with double wide driveway in NJ. I rotate the 3 batteries mowing and blow the lawn 1x2 times per week depending on growth, trim every other mow cycle.
Snow blower use varies depending on winter snow. Last year was the only year snow blower wasn't used. 2 of the original 3 batteries still in use. Last year original battery #3 died. Replaced battery w/ 3rd party refurbished, unfortunately it does not hold the charge like the original OEM. So far I'm happy with the EGO system. My next replacement battery will be an EGO OEM

I just bought a Kobalt leaf blower (24v) and it works really well. I wanted to use it to blow off drive, sidewalks etc after mowing and leaves etc off deck. It performs those tasks really well and more convenient than my corded Toro blower which I also love.

On sales $99 with 4ah battery and charger. Great deal.

Leaf Blower

I think it is a mistake to blow leaves around, that doesn't fix anything. You are either going to blow it onto a neighbor or in the street where it will just blow back with the next wind.

What I use is a blower that has a reverse so it becomes a vacuum. It grinds the leaves into a nice mulch like mixture and deposits them in a canvas bag. Then you can either dump them in a yard waste bin or use them somewhere in your garden.

This way there is nothing to blow back the next windy day.

I have several Ryobi tools, and love the ability to just pickup and trim or blow after mowing.
Once I had invested in batteries I stuck with Ryobi. No regrets. I do have an old craftsman flower I use to vacuum leaves but hate the cord ��

This was my second winter with the 2 stage snow blower. Both winters were full of snow.

Last fall I bought a pair of 12 amp hour batteries.
My first Ego battery only lasted 4 years. (And then I discovered the batteries have a separate 4-year warranty ...) LiIon batteries are supposed to last for 500-1000 charge cycles, but I only got about 100. Based on further research, I believe it may have been the cold -- LiIon don't like to be charged in the cold, and even storing them on the charger after charging may be bad. Now I store the batteries inside in the winter, and only charge them when it's reasonably warm. Hopefully my new batteries will last longer.

We have a Green works 40v battery blower that has a nice turbo button. I hate the noise of the gas powered and the maintenance required

The blower can share the battery with the chain saw. Unless you are a pro or have a huge property a battery unit is great. At my last house some 20 years ago I had a lawn vac by Troybilt. It was self propelled and you would walk along and it would pick up everything and mulch it up nice. That stuff would go into the garden beds to keep down the weeks. I don’t see them anymore but it was a great time saver as it had a long hose you could use in among the shrubs

No, no, no... You're all missing the point...

ALL you need to do is replace the REAL trees with ARTIFICIAL trees, and no more leaves, right:confused:

Hopefully this euthanizes this runaway discussion...😆😆😆

I have all Ryobi lawn tools, but I particularly like my 40volt Ryobi leaf blower and lawnmower.
I have a 40V Ryobi string trimmer that I like a lot, and a leaf blower is on my to-buy list. I have a fairly new gas-powered mower, so buying an electric will be a while off.

ALL you need to do is replace the REAL trees with ARTIFICIAL trees, and no more leaves, right:confused:

Hopefully this euthanizes this runaway discussion...😆😆😆
Only in moderation. My neighbors Oak trees dropping leves do show up in my gardens.

Back
Top Bottom