Living in Two Places - Experiences, Factors and Issues?

I’m surprised you didn’t try to reverse that. Florida has no state income tax and no inheritance tax. PA doesn’t tax IRA withdrawals and pensions.

Elder care doesn’t last forever, but I understand. My parents both got sick 2 years after we moved away from them, across the country. It was a huge challenge.

We considered changing residency, but we now have three grandchildren living near us in Pennsylvania. There’s no way we’ll spend half the year in Florida.
PA doesn’t tax social security, pensions or 401k/IRA income, so state taxes aren’t a big deal. The PA inheritance tax will hit our kids either way since three properties are in Pennsylvania.

Can you please elaborate on the Period of time, and perhaps the rules.
Note this French scheme is for those who are not working (retired) or below a certain level of income. A retiree under the proper visa becomes eligible to apply after 90 days, but in practice approval can be delayed. There is a charge (there have been many changes over the last few years, which is why some things are not yet clear). Those in receipt of a qualifying pension are waived of any fees, as outlined in the most recent government guidelines.

Otherwise, for non-workers/retirees, it is a charge of 6.5% of income over 20.6K euro per person, exempting all retirement sources (SS, pensions, 401K, Roth, etc) with a maximum cap of ~329K.
BTW, I overstated the current income requirement for a visa, it is around 1400E/month per couple or sufficient equivalent resources. Insurance requirements may be extended, but this bridge coverage only needs to meet certain requirements.

Back
Top Bottom