living the life you envisioned? or totally changed?

Congratulations ! I have become a gym rat and only lost 6 pounds .

I have seen your photo. You are already quite trim, you couldn't lose much in fact you might gain pounds by adding muscle!

Ha

Very true HFWR! If you cant change the lifestyle long term, its just a vicious, frustrating cycle. It took us awhile, but we got it now. The great part is that once you understand the "SCIENCE" of a healthier lifestyle, you will never fall for any fad diet again...you dont have to! But some days, the motivation escapes me...tee hee.

I work partime, I take off on wednesdays, friday afternoons & weekends are free. I enjoy my time off. Today I went to the gym, ran errands, took a nap, got my laptop repaired & cruised the net.

I understand the decrease in the income, am 52 & DW 47 & we will continue to have the much needed time off. I do not know how a full retirement will work out though, we still have one sophomore in High School.

Nice thread, many different perspectives towards retirement. I found a book very interesting "Work less Live more", where a gradual decrease in work load is preached.

Best

I was talking to someone the other day who said "well you do need money to do things, you'll get bored doing the same thing day after day"
I havent even left yet and she's saying these things to me!

So are you living the life you envisioned or did you get bored quickly? Did you find totally different interests than you imagined?
Your "friend" or coworker? That there is sour grapes!

Did not get bored quickly - not at all. Every year even more fun.

Did life end up as envisioned? Not really. I thought I would be pursuing certain hobbies, but after retirement I discovered other hobbies that I liked even better. Passions, in fact. I never imagined we would sell the house and go on a fulltime RVing adventure. So that turned out to be even more exciting than I imagined.

I thought that we would travel for a couple of years and then "settle down" somewhere. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that we would develop serious wanderlust and never quit traveling.

I thought I would spend a lot of time sailing after retirement. Maybe even start doing coastal cruising, etc. Well, it turned out that I sailed a lot before retirement because it helped keep me sane. After I retired, I didn't need anything to keep me sane - just retiring took care of that. And we discovered other things even more important to us than sailing and cruising. I love being on the water, but I love what I am doing now even more.

So, for me, retirement turned out to be even more fun than expected - even though I expected it to be really fun.

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom