Long vacation

LeatherneckPA

Recycles dryer sheets
Well, it still feels like a long vacation to me. Maybe that's because all I've done is what I'd do on a long vacation, rode my motorcycle down to FL to visit my mother. Got home Monday and recuperated. Then Tuesday DD came over with DGS and WSIL. Around 4pm she asked me to watch DGS while WSIL took her to the other ER. She was admitted and I've had the DGS ever since. Guess being a single father doesn't appeal to WSIL.

Anyway, we haven't even used the electronic babysitter. I set up his jumper next to Cluckingham Palace and let him supervise the both the chickens and Papa while I got some work done.
img_684854_0_5f8731e6987a2a4852c4179a2adee0e9.jpg

We took a break for a swim, had lunch, and then he fought his nap for about 30 minutes before he lost. The kids always pick him up and hold him when he fights it. Not Papa. Sit in the same room and let him cry himself to sleep. Slept for over three hours. Then Grammy took over for a few hours. By 9pm he was falling asleep, and by 915pm he was passed out in his crib with hardly any fuss at all. Planning to wear his little butt out with fresh air again today. Who needs Sprout TV or PBS?

There is one thing I have noticed, and enjoyed since I got back. I don't have to watch the clock and pack up my tools before I'm finished with what I wanted to do on any given day. Yesterday, although I took all day to do it, I did put up the fence around the intended garden plot. Today's plan is to clear out the old garden area and return it to clear ground to run chickens on.

Beautiful baby. Looks like he is having a good time with those chickens :)

Very cute kid! Soon enough he'll be tearing the chicken wire off and generally terrorizing those birds. I can see him making plans in the photo. :)

Does WSIL = Wicked Son-in-Law? Worthless Son-in-Law? Wonderful-Son-in-Law?

Sorry, WSIL stands for WORTHLESS SIL. Been with my DD for over four years and doesn't have a job!!!

Ouch. Does that mean he hasn't had a job in all that time? :eek: Is he a stay-at-home dad now?

My daughter is many years away from dealing with such things, not sure how I'll react [-]if[/-] when she brings home a guy I don't like.

Sure he's had jobs. For 30-90 days at a time. Three total. And I could even live with the idea of a stay-at-home dad, IF they could make ends meet on just her salary. But they can't.

Ah feel your pain. BIL' DD has one them useless husbands. He talks a good line of BS though.

I have yet to figure out how to get the dude motivated. Unfortunately BIL feels obligated to cough up $$ whenever his DD asks. Doggone kids.

Mercifully it is not my $, and there is a good bit of geography from here to them. Figure one day the money spigot gets turned off.

LeatherneckPA - I really enjoyed reading your update. That baby is just beautiful and how nice you two get lots of quality time together. This is what ER is all about!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom