Looking at Color Laser Printers

I bought the Brother L3750CDW all in one color laser in 2020. Actually, I ordered it in Dec 2020 and got it June 2021. I paid $410 for it then. Now it's $700. Wow! Love it, but maybe not as much @ $700.

I just looked up my Brother MFC-L3770CDW that I bought in 2019 for $350 and it is now $700 too (on Amazon). Yikes! Listed as $500 at Best Buy but sold out.

With the auto clean function, does the cheapo ever get clogged? I've read a plus of the Brother's is the auto clean function.

So far, about 3 years, no clogging. As I said I use it to print a couple sheets one day a week, although there have been weeks with no paper run through the printer.

So far, about 3 years, no clogging. As I said I use it to print a couple sheets one day a week, although there have been weeks with no paper run through the printer.

When I got my Epson I also strongly considered a Brother instead. Went with the Epson as that's more actually tank than the Brother. But may start having second thoughts.

I have an HP M277c6 - about 5 years old that came from costco. It's still going strong. Downside is the cost of cartridge's - I just got a new set for almost $275.

I've always used branded cartridge's (based on anecdotal horror stories but no real info) and am hoping that the printer dies at the end of the cartridge life...

This HP has been a hassle free workhorse.

Well, I took a risk. Last night DW printed something and it didn’t look too bad. Leading me to believe that if I just get the leaking cartridge out of there, the printer would basically clean itself. So I skipped the $100 for cleaning and went out and bought new color cartridges for the printer. The black was just recently replaced with a genuine HP cartridge. So I’m into this machine for $290.

I put in the new cartridges and I took one of those eyeglass cleaning micro fiber cloths and very gently cleaned up the transfer belt. The machine has a “cleaning page” function, so I ran that. Printed a demo page and things look back to normal. Now I just hope the machine keeps ticking.

Of note: The HP machine I was looking at from Costco was not in stock this morning. These sub $500 color MF lasers seem to be in short supply. The office supply store that still has one has it priced at list, which is about $60 more than what Costco was selling it for.

Also, Office Depot was rebating 30% on the cartridges, so, $80. That’s just enough to get a standard size black cartridge to have on hand. Not too bad to get a full set of cartridges for just under $300. Here’s hoping I made the right decision.
When the powder toner leaks from somewhere it may end up in nooks and crannies that aren't blown onto the paper. It sounds like you may be out of the woods, and printing will be fine.

What might blow the toner around is any cooling fans that's internal. Also, when you change the cartridge that's probably an opportunity for knocking that powder around.

:D Awesome outcome so far.

Try 4Inkjets to save a lot of money on ink

Try 4Inkjets https://www.4inkjets.com to save a lot of money on ink. Both OEM and 3rd party. I have used their 3rd party ink since 2007 and the ink holds up and does not fade.

I have an old HP color laser printer... it has been working good for me for many years...

However, it did not seem to print pictures that well... so I bought an Epson big tank printer... it has been great... the ink is VERY cheap, but I have not had to buy any yet as I got two bottles of each color with the printer...

It will take years to go through that ink...
Do not get stuck on a laser..

Try 4Inkjets https://www.4inkjets.com to save a lot of money on ink. Both OEM and 3rd party. I have used their 3rd party ink since 2007 and the ink holds up and does not fade.

Sorry, but they sell LD products... at first I bought these and had no problem... but my recent purchases all leaked and all stopped printing after about 150 pages...

I got replacement cartridges for free... but they did the same... I can live with one, but 6 failures in a row... (I did not replace the black as I had HP from work when they got rid of their printer)...

Not going with LG every again...

Try google search: best refill ink for HP

Best third-party ink replacements for HP printers 2022
https://www.windowscentral.com/best-third-party-ink-replacements-hp-printers
Smart Ink may be the one for you.

I have had recent trouble with LD ink myself being recognized by my Epson XP-6100 Expression printer. I did not know of these extra steps so I will try the cartridges again that I have that failed.
I have a photo black that will need to be replaced soon.

LD Products for Expression & XP Series
Unbeatable bargain

The one issue we had with this set was during installation. All the cartridges fit nicely into both Expression and XP Series printers, but we learned that you must run a nozzle and printer head check after adding each canister to get the printer to recognize them. If you don't mind performing a few extra installation steps, ink quality is good and the price is cheap.
https://www.windowscentral.com/best-replacement-ink-cartridges-epson-printers

Sorry, but they sell LD products... at first I bought these and had no problem... but my recent purchases all leaked and all stopped printing after about 150 pages...

I got replacement cartridges for free... but they did the same... I can live with one, but 6 failures in a row... (I did not replace the black as I had HP from work when they got rid of their printer)...

Not going with LG every again...

Same here. Mine lasted a long time in terms of the calendar, but they were only 40% used. The cyan was the worst, but the magenta was leaking too. Couldn’t get them out of my machine fast enough. I was thinking about contacting them, but if their recourse is to send out replacement cartridges, that not going to happen.

I have two printers. An old HP Laser Jet P2035n for most needs and a new HP Envy Inspire 7995e multi-function color printer. I've been happy with both of them.

Some friends recently moved and asked if I wanted their copier. I said sure. Holy Mother of Laser Cartridges! This Savin C2020 beast took four of us to move to my much too tiny office yesterday. My friend paid $10K for it ten years ago but the first Minnesotan who wants it gets it - gratis.

^^^^^ Ha, yeah, I would not be surprised at all if some deluxe ice fishing shanties include a home office, with copier, these days.

Attachments

• IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 15
I have two printers. An old HP Laser Jet P2035n for most needs and a new HP Envy Inspire 7995e multi-function color printer. I've been happy with both of them.

Would you believe I'm still using an HP LaserJet 1200 for many print jobs?

LaserJet-1200.jpg

Last edited:
Would you believe I'm still using an HP LaserJet 1200 for many print jobs?
Since we're going down memory lane we use an HP Color LaserJet CP2025dn. It's about 12 years old.

Since we're going down memory lane we use an HP Color LaserJet CP2025dn. It's about 12 years old.

That is ancient for a color laser printer! I think my B&W 1200 might be a year or two older.

That is ancient for a color laser printer! I think my B&W 1200 might be a year or two older.
Purchased that through an employee program linked to HP. It was under $500 at the time. In the entire period I think we purchased 3 sets of cartridges, and one set is still not used. We each have a B/W laser, and use the color when it makes sense to print at higher cost. It came in handy printing out color place cards for the wedding on short notice.

According to Google your printer came out in June 2003. You must have bought it near about the time it was discontinued since you got it so inexpensively. I remember buying my printer in 2001 and I paid over $800 for it.

Last edited:
Last fall I was having network problems with my HP Officejet 6700 Premium, so started shopping for a color laser all in one. Really wanted a Brother, but due to supply chain issues nothing was available or Amazon reflected ridiculous pricing. My network problems got resolved so my inkjet is still going strong after ~ 8 - 9 years.

I wish you well, but report back here when have not printed for a couple weeks and your print head has clogged up.

OK, I am going to blame you :facepalm: :LOL:

The print heads clogged up this morning... they have a cleaning function but that did not work... will have to see what needs to be done to get them cleaned...

OK, I am going to blame you :facepalm: :LOL:

The print heads clogged up this morning... they have a cleaning function but that did not work... will have to see what needs to be done to get them cleaned...

I have an Epson Tank printer also.

As for the clean function, I find that after running, if I then do a nozzle check immediately, the test may show still clogged. But then if I wait for a few hours to run the test, it may show okay.

I found that out the hard way after running 3 cleans cycles in a row (Yep, seeing the ink level drop a bit too!).

Now I run one cycle, and wait and test to see how well that went before running another cycle.

Would you believe I'm still using an HP LaserJet 1200 for many print jobs?]

I believe you. I gave up on inkjet printers in 2005, bought a Samsung laser printer with postscript that year, and I'm still using that same printer today.

I believe you. I gave up on inkjet printers in 2005, bought a Samsung laser printer with postscript that year, and I'm still using that same printer today.

About 10 years ago I had to replace the backend roller assembly. While doing that repair I also replaced the pickup roller, separation pad, and one other component, can't remember what. I think I spent $30 on parts.

I have an Epson Tank printer also.

As for the clean function, I find that after running, if I then do a nozzle check immediately, the test may show still clogged. But then if I wait for a few hours to run the test, it may show okay.

I found that out the hard way after running 3 cleans cycles in a row (Yep, seeing the ink level drop a bit too!).

Now I run one cycle, and wait and test to see how well that went before running another cycle.

LOL, I did 3 also before going online... the Epson site said to turn it off for 12 hours and then turn it back on and check...

Hope it works

LOL, I did 3 also before going online... the Epson site said to turn it off for 12 hours and then turn it back on and check...

Hope it works

I guess there is a bit of a delay before the unclog is noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom