Losing 5% Was Best You Could Do in Stocks and Bonds This Quarter-Bloomberg

Well, on the bright side, I broke down and did some Roth conversions when the parket was down this quarter.

Down. 4.1%.

Last edited:
Down 1.71%. No bond exposure with 47% equities.

Dtail, no bonds so the balance of your portfolio is cash and equivalents?

The 53% consists of the following:
Stable Value 27% 2.97% net yield
CD's 23% 3.20% avg yield
Cash 3% 0.50% yield

The article actually says a 60/40 portfolio dropped 4.6%, so a little better than 5%. I'm right in there this morning.

Maybe this is true for indexers.

I'm even, with most of bond allocation in CDs, savings and low duration, plus oils I began buying in March 2021.

I was up 0. 09% YTD. But very happy with that as have drawn money monthly, prepaid taxes for 1st quarter. Converted and paid taxes for all planned conversions to roth this year.
Had 25% cash, 9% RE and 18% annuities (value discounted to zero with projected last to die although some have cash value). Rest roughly divided between stock and fixed income.

Down about 3.6% for the quarter.

My liquid NW decreased by 5.5% from the beginning of the year, about .7% of that was spent. I didn't notice though... too busy living life!

Investment balance down 4.8%, but NW up 1.2%. My model predicts hitting my number on May 23, 2024. Not sure what time that day, lol.

Well, well, my portfolio total was down -2.9% YTD, Vanguard says my bond position in my portfolio was down -2.87 YTD. Even-steven

Back
Top Bottom