Macbook--how to size display

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Another dummy question: how to size the display so that you can see both the left side where the red exit button is and the right side with the scroll bar at the same time? I'm aware of the system preferences/display/resolutions under the apple symbol and have played with those w/o success. The current display is wider than the screen so you can see both ends at the same time.

......and why does it keep changing on me:confused: The only suspicious thing I do is go to View/make text bigger sometimes.

Fortunately I finally discovered that I can drag the display around by clicking the dragging the top bar around so I can exit and scroll by brute force but it gets old very quickly.

Another dummy question: how to size the display so that you can see both the left side where the red exit button is and the right side with the scroll bar at the same time? I'm aware of the system preferences/display/resolutions under the apple symbol and have played with those w/o success. The current display is wider than the screen so you can see both ends at the same time.

......and why does it keep changing on me:confused: The only suspicious thing I do is go to View/make text bigger sometimes.

Fortunately I finally discovered that I can drag the display around by clicking the dragging the top bar around so I can exit and scroll by brute force but it gets old very quickly.

How do you like the macbook??

Thinking of getting a new laptop and this is my want... I think.

That's not so much the display that needs to be adjusted as the application window. The program window is bigger than the display! (Bad program! no biscuit!)

If you can get to the lower left corner of the window, there's a resize control there. It looks like a little set of diagonal lines in the window corner. Mouse down on that and drag toward the upper left to make the window smaller.

If you can't get to that part of the window, there is another way. Next to that red 'go away' button is a yellow 'minimize' button, and a green 'maximize' button. The green button toggles windows between a 'normal' state and a 'largest reasonable size' state. Try clicking that once or twice to see if the window goes back to a sane state.

Hit the green button. That usually positions the window in a somewhat reasonable fashion.

If that doesn't work, grab the lower-right corner, which resizes the window. Then reposition the window using the upper-most bar.

Many thanks--MP & Grep. This forum is my secret weapon. DW fixed it but when I asked what she did, she just says she showed me previously. Job security, I guess. Thanks to you both.....it's on the bottom right on my computer. Thanks again!!

edit: btw, MP.....free biscuit for you for understanding the problem despite the loose non-technical wording on my part!

Back
Top Bottom