Making a quarterly tax payment using EFTPS

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Every time I try to use EFTPS I have trouble.
I don't remember what for I'm supposed to click on.
I don't see any applicable forms in the dropdowns.
What am I supposed to put in the box?

Attachments

• EFTPS.jpg
    EFTPS.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 37
Are you making a business payment? If not, try using the online form at this link. I have used it for quarterly payments and it has worked flawlessly for more than a decade or so. It deducts from your US checking account. You set the amount, the type of payment (e.g., estimate payment for 2023), and the date it should be taken out of your bank account.

https://directpay.irs.gov/directpay/payment?execution=e2s1

-BB

Are you making a business payment? If not, try using the online form at this link. I have used it for quarterly payments and it has worked flawlessly for more than a decade or so. It deducts from your US checking account. You set the amount, the type of payment (e.g., estimate payment for 2023), and the date it should be taken out of your bank account.

https://directpay.irs.gov/directpay/payment?execution=e2s1

-BB
That kind of defeats the whole sign up for EFTPS. But if I don't get answer before I need to pay it, I'll use that. Thanks.

You select 1040 us individual tax form, then NEXT (nothing from the other dropdown).
On the next page ESTIMATED 1040ES is presented as the first radio button choice and you should be on your way!
I've used it for a couple of years to schedule my year's prepayments and especially like the email a few days ahead of each withdrawal to make sure I have the funds in my bank account ;)

Just did this recently & I think you go one screen past what you posted & then select -es. I'm being lazy & not logging in myself, but hope you'll let us know if it works

You select 1040 us individual tax form, then NEXT (nothing from the other dropdown).
On the next page ESTIMATED 1040ES is presented as the first radio button choice and you should be on your way!
I've used it for a couple of years to schedule my year's prepayments and especially like the email a few days ahead of each withdrawal to make sure I have the funds in my bank account ;)

Thank you! I have my conformation that I paid. I also now have a note on my "income tax file folder" on what buttons to push and not push to make this flow smoothly.

Don't forget to ensure that the 1040 / 1040-ES payment is assigned to the proper/intended tax year.

In the IRS world, I believe that every tax year is treated as an independent account.

-gauss

Don't forget to ensure that the 1040 / 1040-ES payment is assigned to the proper/intended tax year.

In the IRS world, I believe that every tax year is treated as an independent account.

-gauss

Yep, estimates taxes for 2023.

-gauss

The tricky one is the final estimated tax payment paid in Jan of the following year. You have to be sure to put in the previous year. I made this mistake once long ago but realized it later and was able to call in and get it fixed (although they told me the EFTPS history wouldn’t change). This was back when you could get a human on the phone. I always double check now.

- Login
- Click PAYMENTS at the top of the screen
- In SELECT A TAX FORM click 1040 US INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX RETURN
- Click NEXT
- Click ESTIMATED 1040ES
- Click NEXT

Back
Top Bottom