Marbella Spain

RDHlooking4FIRE

Confused about dryer sheets
We will be spending a week at the Marriott in marbella Spain. I am looking for recommendations nearby cities to visit.

Gilbralter? Seville? Day trip to tangiere Africa? Or others.

Somehow I have never been to Gibraltar so no opinion on that, but I have been to Malaga, Cordoba, and Seville and I loved all three towns. One day I'll go back there

Last edited:
The hill town of Ronda is well worth a trip. If you can stay the night, a lot of the day tourists leave.

Ronda has some beautiful views. A similar distance away El Caminito del Rey is a bit more adventurous day hike with even more vertiginous views. No longer hazardous as it was during its 'most dangerous trail in Europe' years, it's been extensively renovated and is now a safe and fun walk.

Especially love Malaga...first there in 1963....and spent about 3 weeks there last year.

Here's one of the boring slideshows that we inflict on the unsuspecting:

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bVeP74VSoEoKersUH2Eui1Zyo7tuLkyxhyNJI42Nmqs/edit?usp=sharing

(Hit 'Present' at the top right of the first pic, wait a couple minutes for it to load, and you're off.)
We enjoyed Malaga which we discovered since it is never featured in most travelogs. A delightful place! The only reason we went there was to catch our flight home from Andalusia. But fortunately we had allowed 3 days.

Both Gibraltar and Tangiers are worth a visit. If you go to Tangiers, there will be a throng of guides waiting on the pier as you disembark the ferry. We did not want one and persisted through the throng until finally we were worn down and ended up taking one of the stragglers. It was well worth it; we got to see all sorts of things. The only down side was (aside from having to pay the guide, which is obvious) he took us to a rug shop where I'm sure he got a kickback for doing so. We felt obligated and we bought a blanket which then disintegrated the first time we washed it at home after the trip. So would recommend not buying a blanket, haha.

In Gibraltar it's fun to see the airport (you can't miss it) and take the funicular up the mountain where they have a ton of wild monkeys.

If taking the ferry to Tangier, and if you are susceptible to kinetosis, it can (not always, but can), get a little choppy.......was on one ferry, in 1969, with a whole lot of sick women, (they seemed to be the ones affected), aboard.

Back
Top Bottom