March Madness

Taco

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone filled out a bracket? Who do you have winning it all?

I picked Arizona to win it all, but I'll be rooting for TN.

Gonzaga

They are my team every year, and every year they get so close...this time they will finally do it.

Drat, been so busy I have forgotten about this... l now know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning :).

I tried to do an ER bracket, but it seemed like you have to email people to join.

With everything online, it’s really easy and fun to see how you stack up.

Maybe next year we can have brackets for ER bragging rights.

Gonzaga
They are my team every year, and every year they get so close...this time they will finally do it.

I've picked Gonzaga before and came up short. I gave up on them this year - so you'll probably get it right! :blush:

I run a March Madness game every year. It is different in that it is not brackets-based. Instead you draft teams.

We just did out draft the other night, first since 2019. It is a very fun time of year.

As much as I'd love to see Coach K go out with another trophy, I think it's Gonzaga's year.

An ER bracket contest would definitely be fun!

Missed the first 3 games. Not a good start. I picked Arizona over Gonzaga in the finals.

I think I figured out a way to have an ER competition. If you have a bracket on ESPN Tournament Challenge, click on Join Group and search for ER.org. You can submit multiple brackets.

On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest) the only big time sport I'd rate lower than Basketball is Golf. Basketball is a 1 and Golf doesn't rate a number.:)

I was on my high school basketball team and track team. Hated them both but participated for "other reasons"... Looking back I can tell you that basketball takes more out of you than track.

Last edited:
I’m in pretty good shape so far. 6-2. Should have been 7-1 except for the no call fouls in the Richmond/Iowa game. Auburn over Gonzaga in the final was what I settled on.

Coach K in the final would be great for his legacy (and TV ratings) but I don’t see that happening.

My Tar Heels had decisive win over Marquette today, face #1 seed Baylor on Saturday.

On a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest) the only big time sport I'd rate lower than Basketball is Golf. Basketball is a 1 and Golf doesn't rate a number.:)

Cars driving around in a circle must not count as a sport. :cool:

Kentucky!!

2/4 in the play-in games and 12/16 so far in the first round. Not stellar but could be worse.

I was on my high school basketball team and track team. Hated them both but participated for "other reasons"... Looking back I can tell you that basketball takes more out of you than track.

I would say that Basketball is a 10 and golf is a 9 for me, I have played both and love to watch. On the other hand, I have no interest in cars except for keeping my car safe and in good repair. Everyone has different interests, but Car Guy I wonder why you even looked at this thread at all since you are not interested?

Cars driving around in a circle must not count as a sport. :cool:
Getting off topic here, but, if you are referring to NASCAR I'd give them a 2 (maybe). I don't keep up with NASCAR that much anymore, but I believe that ~25% of the courses are road race tracks with lots of twist and tuns for 2022. The rest are shaped like triangles or different ovals of various lengths, but no circles. Regardless, IMO, NASCAR has become the joke of the racing world as they have moved completely away from stock cars. The old joke is, there ain't nothing stock about a stock car. :) I much prefer F1 and Indy car racing even though they are not stock cars either, but I particularly like the races that are run on city street circuits.

Now back to the bouncing ball.

Last edited:
Now that Kentucky is out, maybe Carolina can get somewhere.

Now that Kentucky is out, maybe Carolina can get somewhere.

Yes, that helps UNC's track but UNC has to get through #1 seed Baylor next (Saturday at noon CBS). UNC has been up and down this season, sometimes they play like they can beat the best (and did beat Duke at Duke) but sometimes UNC plays like they can't beat a high school team. But for a team with a brand new first year Coach I have overall been pleased as a UNC fan.

When are they playing and against whom? I will give them a cheer!

Providence has a very tough path to the final 4 from here. They play Richmond tomorrow, and they are a 12 seed. However they just upset #5 Iowa, so you can bet they will have lots of support against Providence. Assuming Providence does win, then they face #1 seed in the bracket Kansas, assuming Kansas wins their game tomorrow against #9 seed Creighton.

Providence has a very tough path to the final 4 from here. They play Richmond tomorrow, and they are a 12 seed. However they just upset #5 Iowa, so you can bet they will have lots of support against Providence. Assuming Providence does win, then they face #1 seed in the bracket Kansas, assuming Kansas wins their game tomorrow against #9 seed Creighton.

I’m hoping PC beats Richmond (naturally) and that Creighton upsets Kansas. That would set up a rematch between the Friars and Bluejays. Creighton embarrassed Providence (or Providence embarrassed themselves) in the 2nd round of the Big East tournament. I’m not above a little revenge. But I wouldn’t bet the farm against Kansas.

So, am I the only one here who saw the thread title and thought “Daylight Saving Time”?

Back
Top Bottom