medicare c and f closing

tango2

Dryer sheet aficionado
Since c and f ,medigap policies, are closing,do you think the cost of these two will go up a lot more? If so, it looks to me like g will be a better one to get into. What does anyone else think. Also, is there a way to check and see if companies are increasing they rates more frequently than others? Thanks tango2

Since c and f ,medigap policies, are closing,do you think the cost of these two will go up a lot more? If so, it looks to me like g will be a better one to get into. What does anyone else think. Also, is there a way to check and see if companies are increasing they rates more frequently than others? Thanks tango2

That is what my agent and Boomer Benefits told me. I went with G. I also asked what the most popular was, and they said G too. I assume the most popular will also end up being the most affordable down the road due to a large pool.

No way to know what rates on the closed to new applicants plans will do in the future but there is enough concern about rate increases for me to make a change. G is a good way to go but you might also look at Plan N, especially if you live in one of the states that do not allow excess charges.

One way to check on the history of rate increases for specific companies is to use an independent insurance broker like BoomerBenefits.com. Several posters here have gone through them to select a Medigap plan and have good things to say about them.

n is cheaper. I am just afraid that if I get sick on n and try to change to g my rates will be high or I can not change plans due to company not accepting me.thanks for the replies. I will check on boomerbenefits. Do you think the states will let you see if companies raise rates a lot in the state you live? I might just contact them.

Back
Top Bottom