Most Annoying Commercial

All commercials for prescription drugs. So you’re supposed to tell your doctor you want X drug because you saw a commercial? Right. And the part where they say “tell your doctor if you have XYZ” and the diseases they list are things like, HIV and Hepatitis B, as if your doctor isn’t treating and monitoring those life threatening infections.

I think the Geico commercials are creative and often funny. And the LM emu is pretty badass on the treadmill.

Radio commercials: hands down, the Kars for Kids commercials are the absolute worst.

SNL's parody:

Chantix

Anything with serious cognitive dissonance and/or mind-numbing repetition - Relief Factor supplements get my current vote. The product packaging clearly states “For relief of MINOR aches and pains” (emphasis added) while testimonials declare relief from life altering pain; “I could barely live and now I’m brand new again”.

Other candidates include anything claiming “studies show” but offers no reference. I wish there was some sort of best practice guideline that required any claim based on a study to offer the name of the actual study so you could look it up.

Actually, the “studies show” peeve extends to anywhere I see this without naming the source - which, frankly, is everywhere.

I'm not happy with the marketing of most supplements. I think senator Hatch is the one to blame for that.
I also don't like the bait and switch of Relief Factor. The 3 week quick start is $19.95, did you know it automatically renews at $79.95 monthly, until cancelled? But you can buy it without a subscription for $93.95. Oh, and all purchase methods have an added S&H charge, that so far I can't find how much that is.
Here is a review, it starts with, "Overpriced, low-quality joint supplement!"
https://www.openhealthtools.org/relief-factor/

They do rate it 8.5/10 for safety. 1/10 for value for money.
Another site that is not favorable, especially regarding their guarantee,
"does not follow through on its guarantees. According to many of the complaints, the company does not offer hassle-free returns or refunds."

Attachments

• relief factor.jpg
    relief factor.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I'm not happy with the marketing of most supplements. I think senator Hatch is the one to blame for that.

I assume you are talking about this:
In 1994 Hatch sponsored the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act, known as DSHEA.

Do you remember this part:
DSHEA was cosponsored by Democrat Tom Harkin, then a senator from Iowa.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ed-americas-health-care-in-controversial-ways

Lets try to keep politics out of it.

Sports betting (what we used to call bookmakers), the ads are endless now.

Any pharma ad,

PI lawyers,

insurance companies,

car dealers,

Joe Namath anything ads,

car & home warranty ads,

any ad that sells something that has a subscription without explaining the subscription cost,

all political ads,

Liberty Mutual Sucks

I know this because of the way their commercials think I am amused and will buy their crap. Nope.

I haven't seen a commercial in 3-4 years. So thankful for DVRs so I can skip right over....

It's pretty bad but it's all the ^%$&*# Medicare Advantage commercials that irritate the devil out of me, especially at this time of the year... What a racket! They actually try to make people think that care about your health and how great they are. Bunch of crooks....

They also are quite deceptive.

Progressive ads. The one's where they are training new homeowners to not be like their parents. So freaking insulting. I end up yelling at the screen, "You wish you were as cool as your parent's!!"

Fisher Investment: Let me spell it fi·du·ci·ar·y... Do they think that using this "BIG WORD" we should be impressed and all run out and beg to see a fi·du·ci·ar·y!

Most of them are idiotic, I always wonder who chooses them? But the insurance industry seems to be in a contest to find the dumbest approach, Liberty Mutual, Progressive, Geico etc. I’m not a customer but State Farm isn’t as bad.

Don't know if this has been covered before - but what is the most annoying commercial to you. Without a doubt to me it is anything by Liberty Mutual In. Seemingly an ad on every break. Across all media they have almost 500 per day. I wouldn't buy their product if it was free. Rant over

That's in my top three. It's the annoying jingle. I would say that "Liberty, liberty, liberty. Liberty! USAA! Safelight repair, safelight replace ... " are the trifecta of annoying jingles.

My current favorite commercial is the Dish Network one with the dog scared of the thunderstorm and the man has to stay up with him, of course watching Dish TV.

It's resembles my life every time it thunders at my house.

Also love the Travelers Insurance commercials. The father turning over the family hardware store to his daughter tugs my heart strings every time.

Brian Daley, The Tax Guy

Constant, annoying radio AD with soundbite from a pseudo(?) client: "I haven't paid my taxes in 30 years. Brian took care of it for me (paraphrased)"...Seems the client should be in prison and the tax guy bunking with him for Criminal Facilitation...For honest folks, how does this happen?

One progressive commercial says it all. Flo has a focus group watching a commercial about their app. . When asked about it one guys says he tunes out and a lady says she doesn’t pay attention it’s just blah blah blah. Even the company producing progressive commercials knows people don’t like commercials. I do think that progressive has better commercials even though I don’t like commercials either. I tune most out.

Sports betting (what we used to call bookmakers), the ads are endless now.

Any pharma ad,

PI lawyers,

insurance companies,

car dealers,

Joe Namath anything ads,

car & home warranty ads,

any ad that sells something that has a subscription without explaining the subscription cost,

all political ads,

In certain markets for sports betting. Some states prohibit promotions for gambling.

Any insurance commercial qualifies as the 'most' annoying. That said, if I could get my hands on that little green gecko....

I think that little guy is cute. But when I am able I bypass any advert including that one.

Ok I hate the McDonald’s advert where at the end there is actually a voiceover that says budup budup da da or what ever that is.

For some reason that abbots me. I even do this and I I know this is crazy but I look at the telly and sat SHUT UP.

Now the instrumental playing jingle of that sounds ok.

Anything loud, jarring and repeated endlessly makes me hate whatever product they are pushing, especially on podcasts when it’s right in my ears.

Back
Top Bottom