Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 10 p.m. EST

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 11 p.m. EST

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

rcsj

Dryer sheet wannabe
Every time I visit this site I am given the number of "currently active users" and am reminded that -- the "most users ever online" occurred on 8/25/07 at 9:53 p.m. This got me thinking it might be fun to try to beat this record by organizing an intentional log-in (I guess I don't have much other pressing business!). Though somewhat artificial, it would be nice to "feel" the presence of all of you at one time!

Attached is a poll - vote for the (i) best day and (ii) best time on that day for going online and trying to beat the record. Depending on results, I will post a time and date for our world record attempt

Every other Thursday in odd numbered months, at 11:23 PM GMT, but only if the wind is blowing out of the south, and never during leap years.

Every time I visit this site I am given the number of "currently active users" and am reminded that -- the "most users ever online" occurred on 8/25/07 at 9:53 p.m. This got me thinking it might be fun to try to beat this record by organizing an intentional log-in (I guess I don't have much other pressing business!). Though somewhat artificial, it would be nice to "feel" the presence of all of you at one time!

Attached is a poll - vote for the (i) best day and (ii) best time on that day for going online and trying to beat the record. Depending on results, I will post a time and date for our world record attempt

Uhh... so you want to stress the bandwidth of the system as much as possible to see if it breaks? Maybe not such a good idea.

Recognizing the harmless and innocent spirit of your proposal, I suggest we find other ways to feel the love.

Maybe we can find a date to all hum Kumbaya at the same time? ;)

(I know you mean this in a lighthearted way, but the inadvertent flooding of a server can have unpleasant consequences. Maybe Andy can shed more light.)

No doubt the best time would be during the week while most of the users here are at WORK...;)

If this is what you would want to do in your free time, maybe you shouldn't retire early (if ever).

You don't pull the legs off of ants too do you?

Perhaps you should count the number of cars that pass in front of your house each day of the week. That should keep you occupied for awhile. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom