Music videos

LOVE LOVE Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - S.O.B.

Yes there's swearing as title suggests.

Too soon for some Electric Amish?

It's sort of an acquired taste for certain folks from the midwest. Miss these righteous folks.

Minimally crude humor alert.

Great acoustic guitar and singing. Subtitles for the lyrics are included if you're not proficient in Farsi :)

Kool that was Cool !!!!!!!!

Just in case there are people that don't know Gimme Three Steps by Skynyrd...
Are there such people:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:?

Natalie Merchant - Wonder
Going to see her at Kennedy Center June 30 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this video doesn't put smile on your face, what will ?

This is not exactly a music video, but it does feature songs of a sort. Starting at 1:50, there are some truly amazing ones! I find it hard to believe they come from a bird, but if you can't trust David Attenborough, whom can you trust?

Harvest Moon, AJ Lee

Musical covers are often kind of risky in my opinion; it can be hard to match, let alone surpass, the original. Notable exception to this rule: Linda Ronstadt.

AJ Lee's vocals and mandolin in this rendition of Harvest Moon are fantastic. There are several videos of her playing Harvest Moon, usually with her main backup group Blue Summit. But those performances were usually outdoors and the audio recordings suffer from wind noise and bad placement of the microphones.

The audio quality of this performance with The Brothers Comatose is the best. Also, I like her mandolin playing in this one the best. The instrumental from 3:14 - 4:01 never gets old. I don't know diddly about vocals or even how to describe them. But the way she sings the word "celebrate" at 2:43 of the video is so smooth and elegant. I think she is about 24 years old and has been performing since about 14. I'm not saying she is the next Ronnie McCoury or David Grisman. But she's got a heck of a lot of talent for someone her age and deserves recognition in her own right.

Maybe part of the reason that this cover is so good is that there wasn't a mandolin in Neil Young's performance of Harvest Moon. Correct me if I am wrong. (And they don't try to repeat that goofy broom sweeping from Neil Young's music video.) And, speaking of Linda Ronstadt, my understanding is that she sang the backup vocals on the original recording of Harvest Moon.

I hope you mandolin fans enjoy this video.

Musical covers are often kind of risky in my opinion; it can be hard to match, let alone surpass, the original. Notable exception to this rule: Linda Ronstadt.

AJ Lee's vocals and mandolin in this rendition of Harvest Moon are fantastic. There are several videos of her playing Harvest Moon, usually with her main backup group Blue Summit. But those performances were usually outdoors and the audio recordings suffer from wind noise and bad placement of the microphones.

The audio quality of this performance with The Brothers Comatose is the best. Also, I like her mandolin playing in this one the best. The instrumental from 3:14 - 4:01 never gets old. I don't know diddly about vocals or even how to describe them. But the way she sings the word "celebrate" at 2:43 of the video is so smooth and elegant. I think she is about 24 years old and has been performing since about 14. I'm not saying she is the next Ronnie McCoury or David Grisman. But she's got a heck of a lot of talent for someone her age and deserves recognition in her own right.

Maybe part of the reason that this cover is so good is that there wasn't a mandolin in Neil Young's performance of Harvest Moon. Correct me if I am wrong. (And they don't try to repeat that goofy broom sweeping from Neil Young's music video.) And, speaking of Linda Ronstadt, my understanding is that she sang the backup vocals on the original recording of Harvest Moon.

I hope you mandolin fans enjoy this video.

That is an incredible recording. Near studio quality in a not-quite state-of-the-art studio setting. Everything (to my uneducated ear) was near perfect.

And, I do love the mandolin. I always think of the mandolin in songs like Steve Earl's "Copperhead Road" and especially in "Rod Stewart's Mandolin Wind." Another recording featuring mandolin is by The Band doing "Evangeline" with Emmylou Harris. Enjoy.

Yeah, we are very proud of Iam. You should have seen the celebration when he came to visit after his win.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/...re-homecoming-celebration-honoring-iam-tongi/

Honolulu mayor and the Governor turned out!

My first thought in all of this was that Iam Tongi is a kind of reincarnation of Iz (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole).

Thanks for that song, Koolau.

It holds a special place in my heart for me, as our daughter played it at her wedding, not knowing that I also liked that version. I had heard it a number of years before, but she also discovered it independently although I like to think that my musical influences crossed the generational divide for her.

Bringing back a slightly old thread. Heard this the other day and really liked the version of Amazing Grace, done by a rock singer. Kind of a Disturbed "Sound of Silence" type where it builds up. The singer is from Brazil, and he does a lot of cover songs, this one is recently quite popular. I think I did this embedding correctly?

Here's the web link:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
^^^^^^

I'd heard AG 100 times in all the churches I've ever attended. Never gave it a second thought. When I heard it done by Judy Collins, tears rolled down my cheeks. That version still gets to me. Now, the song always affects me, no matter the venue.

This version is technically well done (IMHO). The singer is amazing. I don't care for the very end where he emphasizes certain phrases. No tears this time, but I do like it. YMMV

^^^^^^

I'd heard AG 100 times , Never gave it a second thought. When I heard it done by Judy Collins, tears rolled down my cheeks. Now, the song always affects me, no matter the venue.

The one that started me down that road was walking out of the church behind my Step Fathers casket, county Fire Depts on one side, the High school band on the other and a lone man with Bag Pipes playing...

Back
Top Bottom