My 5,000th Post

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Since Oct 2003 I've made 4,999 posts or 1.88/day. The next one would be #5,000. But, I don't have anything to say.

So, this is your opportunity to make my 5,000th post for me. The best Dex-like content and style* wins.

*?

Stocks are on a downward trend . The bollinger bands are stretched to capacity and will not bounce back until order is restored to networks . America is sinking lower and lower . We now have a presidential candidate with a cheating husband and a reality show . The Jersey Shore crowd ( the stench of America ) are rising in the poles and more spin offs are coming . There are riots in Egypt , China is going under and who knows what is happening in Russia . Your money is not safe . Cash out and move to fly over country. Higher taxes are coming and we will soon have an ask don't tell policy for our president . Act quickly !

Attachments

• trendline_down.png
    trendline_down.png
    6 KB · Views: 230
  • 8440897.jpg
    8440897.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 11
Sometimes death is not as tragic as not knowing how to live. This man knew how to live--and how to make others glad they were living. - Jack Benny at Nat King Cole's funeral

You blew it Dex. If you comment on this or any other thread your 5000th will be lost in the noise. You need to start a new thread so you can preserve that 5000th at the top. So, were you just trying to generate some excitement leading up to the real thing?

"No one has ever used my name, and normal in the same sentence."

Quotation from [-]Chairman[/-] Grasshopper:greetings10:

You blew it Dex. If you comment on this or any other thread your 5000th will be lost in the noise. You need to start a new thread so you can preserve that 5000th at the top. So, were you just trying to generate some excitement leading up to the real thing?

If we just keep giving stupid responses, he can never post again! :ROFLMAO:

(j/k - of course we want you to post dex - I just can't come up with anything witty at the moment, or maybe ever).

-ERD50

Hmmmm... "Dex-like content and style"....Something like this?

Attachments

• DEX5000.jpg
    DEX5000.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 6
So what do you want to know?

Stocks are on a downward trend . The bollinger bands are stretched to capacity and will not bounce back until order is restored to networks . America is sinking lower and lower . We now have a presidential candidate with a cheating husband and a reality show . The Jersey Shore crowd ( the stench of America ) are rising in the poles and more spin offs are coming . There are riots in Egypt , China is going under and who knows what is happening in Russia . Your money is not safe . Cash out and move to fly over country. Higher taxes are coming and we will soon have an ask don't tell policy for our president . Act quickly !

Good, except I don't write paragraphs that long.

Sometimes death is not as tragic as not knowing how to live. This man knew how to live--and how to make others glad they were living. - Jack Benny at Nat King Cole's funeral

Thank you for noticing.

So what do you want to know?

The key is to only comment on things you know something about.

Words I live by:
"It is better to keep you mouth closed and let them think you an idiot than, open you mouth and prove them correct."

"No one has ever used my name, and normal in the same sentence."

Quotation from [-]Chairman[/-] Grasshopper:greetings10:

Not being normal got me to ER.

What is going on with the system? When I first started reading this thread Dex's OP show #4999. Now it shows #5006.

What is going on with the system? When I first started reading this thread Dex's OP show #4999. Now it shows #5006.
I think you misread. Looking at his posts here I see his "this is my 4,999th post" is seven back from his current count.

Note: Of course once Dex posts again the above count will be incorrect...

^And your post count is 4049, but when you post again it will show 4050. It's called "addition". There is a difference between "post count" and "post number".

I think you misread. Looking at his posts here I see his "this is my 4,999th post" is seven back from his current count.

Note: Of course once Dex posts again the above count will be incorrect...
Yeah, I see that my posts all show the same (current) number. I can't follow your link - is there some way to actually confirm what post is your 1000th or 5000th or whatever? Dex has blown by 5000. Are we ever going to know which was his real 5000th? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Edit: what does the fact that a number of us are actually discussing something this goofy say about the effects of ER on the mind? :blush:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom