My Definition of a good day

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been waking twice a day, roughly 45 minutes each time, for a couple of months now. Battling sugar and slightly high blood pressure. I was well into Yesterday’s morning walk when a guy pulled up and said “I guess you walking twice a day I see you all the time.” Later in the day I went and bought 2 pair of jeans in Old Navy in a size that I haven’t worn in 30 years. They fit comfortably and I wore a pair to work.

The tuff dark days of winter are yet to come.. I remain confident I will persevere. I cant help but wonder what hiking in Arizona is like in December.

I usually wake once a day for about 16 hours. [emoji3]

I have been waking twice a day, roughly 45 minutes each time, for a couple of months now. Battling sugar and slightly high blood pressure. I was well into Yesterday’s morning walk when a guy pulled up and said “I guess you walking twice a day I see you all the time.” Later in the day I went and bought 2 pair of jeans in Old Navy in a size that I haven’t worn in 30 years. They fit comfortably and I wore a pair to work.

The tuff dark days of winter are yet to come.. I remain confident I will persevere. I cant help but wonder what hiking in Arizona is like in December.

Not quite Arizona in December, but between November and May in south Texas it's just dandy! Highs about 70 and lows in the mid-30's (most lows are 40's and 50's).

The humidity gets low too.

Sure beats my past winters in Connecticut.

Keep walking Ray! Glad to hear you are being successful in losing weight and getting healthier. :cool:

I've been walking at least 10,000 steps per day (according to Fitbit) for the last year. So far I've lost 30+ pounds. It feels good to get down a couple of pant sizes.

It seems the more I read about walking the more it truly is a benefit in so many ways.

Update: Got out real early yesterday morning, 6:10 pitch black. I get around the corner and in the distance I see a little light bobbing up and down (someone walking). She gets closer and its my neighbor walking their dog. I greet her and then the pooch and go on my way. That night I get out about 6PM and I’m walking along and a car stops and they same neighbor says ... Have you been walking for 12 hours?

Serial walker here. Got serious about it when I decided to lose serious weight about 5 years back. Once the weight was gone, I took up jogging again. Fast forward 2 years and a litany of running injuries convinces me to downgrade to walking again. Weight crept up a little this year, but I expected that. I/we have travelled a lot and eaten well. I've supplemented those calories with ample adult beverages as well. I'm back on the do-right program and plan to lose 5-8 pounds over the next several weeks.

I do about 3-5 miles, 6 days per week, with a 15 consistent minute/mile pace. It's a good time to plan whatever needs planning (often a substantial list), but also a time to reflect on the pure bliss of being free to live as I/we wish. I am down to three masters. Fortunately, they are very benevolent masters. :)
1. God
2. DW
3. Fur-kid

Back
Top Bottom