My forum visits have dropped after FIRE

I might have visited the site a little more just before I retired but not much more then now. I posted more asking all kinds of stupid questions I really didn't know and one question/answer created another question etc. LOL

Now when I visit this community I like the social part of many different subjects but I will be asking for more help as I go through more decisions financially as I go through SS, RMD etc..

Definitely more after ER than before. I NEVER checked the ER Forum at work, since Megacorp was actively monitoring activities, and firing abusers and other non-performers. Didn't want to tip my hand :) Now, I have plenty of free time.

I spend more time now on "Life after Fire" and "Other Topics". The "Fire and Money" Forum is not as interesting to me now.

Before I retired, I probably visited this forum 4 or 5 times a day (a lot of those from w*rk). I was obsessed with it and with FIRE in general.

I pulled the plug last month and now I’m probably checking in less than twice a week. It’s not that I don’t have time. It seems more like a goal was reached and I don’t obsess over it anymore. Maybe it’s temporary as I get used to the new pace.

Just curious...anyone else find this to the case?

Of Course. I started back in the mists of time when Dory33 ran it. After 24 years of ER it's still fun to check in once in a while. I was much more 'gervous and nerky' grin starting out and needed reinforcement, advice and encouragement on all aspects in the early years.

heh heh heh - might be overconfident - BUT! - I think I got this. :dance: :dance: :LOL: :facepalm:

I RE’d 18 months ago and continue to enjoy the forum. I skip past topics that are less interesting to me, but still learn a lot. I’m very appreciative of those who take the time to share their wisdom on everything from investing, SS, and other financial topics to health issues to the best Bourbon or walking sandals.

I’m still visiting daily, just focusing on different things.

Back
Top Bottom