My new Type A tightly wrapped manager is riding with me all day Wednesday!

Hey everyone...we returned Saturday night from 18 perfect days in SW Florida. Oh man how I hated to leave. The grandkids absolutely loved it.

So, I get an email Saturday afternoon from wonderboy Tony Robbins wannabe new manager. “Hello Rod, I Hope you enjoyed your vacation and are ready to finish the month strong. I will be doing a field ride with you Tuesday and Wednesday.”

Ugh.

OK a few possibilities:
1) this guy is a bloody idiot, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. But after many years in the field no-one want to see you this week unless an emergency. Now if you put calls on a shared calendar or something that's your fault.
2) They may have a P*ss poor CRM system, and they need to capture the information before you leave, and for some reason don't want to come right out and ask you.

Glad you enjoyed the extended vaca in Florida. Where in south west. Just got back from tampa area

He's making sure you are at work Tuesday and Wednesday. It's going to be hard to see customers because they are cutting out early for the holiday, but line as many up as you can. One for 3 PM on Wednesday if you can swing it. Bring goodies.

He's making sure you are at work Tuesday and Wednesday. It's going to be hard to see customers because they are cutting out early for the holiday, but line as many up as you can. One for 3 PM on Wednesday if you can swing it. Bring goodies.
That was my first thought. He wants to make sure OP is not shirking his corporate responsibility.
Tuesday there may be a flat tire to get fixed first thing in the AM. Wednesday, arrive at 5AM and leave at 1PM.
:popcorn:

OK a few possibilities:
1) this guy is a bloody idiot, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. But after many years in the field no-one want to see you this week unless an emergency. Now if you put calls on a shared calendar or something that's your fault.
2) They may have a P*ss poor CRM system, and they need to capture the information before you leave, and for some reason don't want to come right out and ask you.

Glad you enjoyed the extended vaca in Florida. Where in south west. Just got back from tampa area

We have a place in Ft Myers. Yeah, he’s just an idiot. We live in the same city. So I will get stuck with him when he doesn’t have time to drive or fly to ride with others. He’s new, so he wants corporate to think he’s a real go getter. Yeah, let’s go bother some physicians at 5 pm on Wednesday.....we might as well see if we can do Thanksgiving with their families! Just dumb.

Exactly, no one wants or needs to see us this week.

That was my first thought. He wants to make sure OP is not shirking his corporate responsibility.
Tuesday there may be a flat tire to get fixed first thing in the AM. Wednesday, arrive at 5AM and leave at 1PM.
:popcorn:

This has crossed my mind or the flu.

Exactly, no one wants or needs to see us this week.

Correct. Thanksgiving and Christmas week all anyone is interested in is office parties and getting out of Dodge. At my old company, most of our sales staff took vacation. Too bad you have to put up with this your final few months. But.....light at the end of the tunnel.

Tell him to lay off or you will quit earlier than planned and make a big deal of it that you are quitting because of him and that will make him look like the idiot that he is.

Last edited:
Is it possible that idiot boss has a hidden objective to reduce payroll, via attrition, by the end of the year?

Well this is interesting he texted me this morning his daughter is sick and his wife has an appointment so he was unable to make our first appointment and is getting his father-in-law to come over and watch his daughter and is going to meet me in about 20 minutes and make calls the rest of the day. I know these managers are required to make so many field rides per month and I think he’s trying to exceed that number to look good. Gee stay home with your sick child

Is it possible that idiot boss has a hidden objective to reduce payroll, via attrition, by the end of the year?

To what benefit?

This year is pretty well complete, so reduced payroll will not help the number...

Next years budget should already be in the books...

I would think that reduction would have taken place in Sep or the latest Oct...

Picked him up at 9am, dropped him back to his car by 1:30.

Took him to our top prescribers large practice . We hung out in the break room and as each physician and nurse came by...each one gave me a hug. We love Rod. All female office. The top endocrinologist comes in at the end, hugs me and then keeps her arm hooked around mine as he blabs on.

We leave and when we get outside he says, “Man! They all really like you. I mean, they really like you! I’ve never seen anyone with that strong of a relationship. You are like family.”

We got to lunch, just small talk. Then he says, “Uh, I have a conference call this afternoon, you can take me back to my car. Keep doing what you are doing for the next 5 and a half months.”

I don’t think he had a conference call.
A conference call with his wife to plan dinner lol. Always make the boss look good. Makes life a little easier.

Back
Top Bottom