need technical help to convert mp3 to CD

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
I'm hoping there are some tech-savvy computer gurus who can offer some advice here. I'm looking for the "easy" button:p

I found an mp3 on-line of a hymn we want to play at my father's memorial service (we are only singing one song, so don't want to get an organist). The church has a CD player with speaker system.

We can sing the song a cappella, but I thought it would be nice if I could convert this mp3 to a CD we can play. I researched this last night, and it seems more complicated than I thought.

If I am correct, I need to find software that lets me convert the mp3 file into a .cda format...but really didn't fully comprehend this step, nor could I find free software that I felt comfortable downloading. So I didn't even get past this step.

Anyways, I just thought I'd put a shout out to see if this really is all that complicated to do. If it is, forget it - I've got enough on my plate right now. However, if it's easy, I'll take any quick tips/advice and will try my hand at it:)

Windoze Media Player, among others, will do this. Click the "Burn" tab at the top, drag the song(s) over to the right to add it to the "Burn List", then press "Start Burn"...

Audacity is a free program and it will change mp3 back to cd format

Could get a cheap mp3 player from Fry's or Best Buy, under $25, could be cheaper than that. Then plug it in with a patch cord to the system you are going to play the cd on.

If you have iTunes on your computer, that will do it to.

To create an audio CD:

Choose iTunes > Preferences, click Advanced, and click Burning.

Select Audio CD as the Disc Format.

To have all the songs on the CD play at the same volume, select Use Sound Check.

Click OK.

Select the playlist containing the songs you want to burn to the CD, and make sure all the songs you want to include on the CD have a checkmark beside them.

Insert a blank disk, and then click Burn Disc (at the bottom of the iTunes window).

If you don't see a Burn button, make sure you've selected a playlist and inserted a blank disc.

If the playlist contains more songs than will fit on the CD, iTunes burns only the number of songs that fit on one disc, and then asks you to insert another disc to continue burning the remaining songs.

If the playlist includes Audible spoken programs with chapter markers, the chapters are burned as separate tracks.

{what rustic said:} It's also probably very possible to plug your mp3 player into their sound system. You would need a cable (probably stereo-mini-plug to stereo RCA plug), and someone to allow you to do some plugging in.

Also, some (usually older) CD players can be a bit temperamental about playing burned CDs - but this is rarely a problem these days.

-ERD50

Nero CD burning software will do this, too. Select to make an "Audio" CD instead of an "MP3" CD and it will autoconvert formats.

Wow, you guys are awesome. I am such a newbie at this mp3 stuff that I didn't even know you could do this so easily on itunes! I did a search on google last night, and I was led down this complicated path of decoders, etc., etc.

So I should have just posted here first!

Again, thanks so much everyone. I followed the instructions and had my CD burned within a few minutes. I tested it out and it plays great on our CD player. I am so excited I now have this hymn for us to sing along with, led by a beautiful vocalist. :)

Back
Top Bottom