Never Thought I’d See a This Again (Gasoline $/gal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This months gas bill is the least I've had in decades. It's great that gas is so cheap, it's just too bad there is nowhere to go!

Last edited:
Saw this yesterday “It’s like I’m 16 again. Gas is cheap but I’m grounded!”

We bought -0- gasoline in March '20. Cost is about $1.85 per gallon.
Reminds me that we should take the 2nd car for a Sunday drive.

This months gas bill is the least I've had in decades. It's great that gas is so cheap, it's just too bad there is nowhere to go!

Funny you say that but judging by the no of cars out and about here (socal) apparently people have plenty of places to go. Yesterday I went out for a walk around 5pm by a bigger road in the neighborhood, it almost looked like the normal rush hour traffic :confused:

I've filled up twice since March 1. However, most of that has been trips to nowhere, my child has a permit and wants to drive to get practice (can't take the test since the DMV is closed). So we occasionally drive around, practice parking, drive around without stopping anywhere...and eventually come home.

Try driving down the coast on Pacific Coast Highway. It’s bumper to bumper the entire way. Everyone is having a beach emergency around here.

Here in Michigan the governor just eased the restriction forbidding motor boats. I know for a fact that within 1 hour of the marina placing my boat in the water that the fuel price will rise to at least $3.50 per gallon.

Here in suburban Atlanta it's been hovering around $1.60-$1.70/gal. Like most folks, though, I'm filling up the motorcar far less often than previously, so the actual dollar savings are fairly small. But now that lawn-mowing season is upon us once again, it will be nice to cheaply refuel the various gas-powered landscaping tools. Using my Kroger fuel points for this month, I'll be able to fill my gas storage cans for $1.39/gal. Nothing earth shattering... but I'll take it.

Oh, I don't feel too sorry for them. They didn't mind charging north of $4/gal and raking in the profits when they could. Turnabout is fair.

You may actually come to regret the oil price crash if it leads to the destruction of the US domestic oil industry. I hope everyone remembers how vulnerable we were when we were dependent on middle eastern oil. I hope that never happens again, but I’m extremely worried about that possibility.

I just hope this doesn't result in people running out to buy gas-hog trucks and then crying when the price of gas goes up again that they can't afford to fill their tanks.

Probably not gonna happen, too many people out of work. But I did see an article about folks going out for a drive just to get out of their houses.

Come to think of it, I should take my '03 GMC 4WD pickup out for a drive just to run it. It hasn't been driven for ~two weeks. On a good day it gets 18 mpg.

We both decided to not let either tank get below 3/4 full until things get more 'normal'. About all the driving we do is to secure groceries. That said, Quicken tells me I've spent $11.44 in the last 30 days. It's $1.49 here.

We've had some places around us under a buck for a couple of weeks now. No signs that it'll be going up anytime soon. Nonetheless, it's been at least a month since I filled up.

Funny you say that but judging by the no of cars out and about here (socal) apparently people have plenty of places to go. Yesterday I went out for a walk around 5pm by a bigger road in the neighborhood, it almost looked like the normal rush hour traffic :confused:

Same here. Out for a walk and had the Indy 500 bumper-to-bumper scenario, like it was pre-covid. Crazy people out just wanting to burn cheap gas, going nowhere and then back home?

You may actually come to regret the oil price crash if it leads to the destruction of the US domestic oil industry. I hope everyone remembers how vulnerable we were when we were dependent on middle eastern oil. I hope that never happens again, but I’m extremely worried about that possibility.

Yep, I've seen some opinions of a short squeeze as US producers go through bankruptcy (shale frackers in particular are heavily indebted) which could result in a spike near $100/bbl again...assuming OPEC & other non-U.S. producers could collude enough between themselves to take advantage.

Though given the recent price war instigated by Saudi Arabia the latter assumption appears tenuous.

Since retirement we have been averaging around $132/month on gas. In March as things slowed down it fell to $86, the lowest since retiring This month it is a grand total of $18. This month's spending was to just top off the gas tanks to have a full tank of gas as a precaution.

I need to drive my 88 Trans Am GTA around on the highway and get the oil hot to see if it cleans up the oil return holes in the head. Probably a good time for it! Gas price stuck at $1.99 a gallon and holding, last time I checked (2 days ago in Pa).

Since retirement we have been averaging around $132/month on gas. In March as things slowed down it fell to $86, the lowest since retiring This month it is a grand total of $18. This month's spending was to just top off the gas tanks to have a full tank of gas as a precaution.

We have been averaging $120 monthly, but technically will be at zero for this month, since we paid for gas cards last month.:cool:

$1.29 just down the road in Spring Tx. That's sure not good for the local Houston economy. :nonono:

...it's going up again

price was as low as $1.09/gal (last fill up) and just jumped to $1.49/gal (probably in anticipation of more driving)

It was down to $1.25 for awhile and today it was $1.45.
Same here, jumping around $.20/gal, although for the cheapest gas. The stations where it was $1.45 are now at $1.59; so there is closer match.

I did fill up at Costco for $1.29 today though, lowest cost around here.

These prices are about what you would pay for a gallon of bottled water. Unbelievable. And, not in a good way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom