New Blender Suggestion

Still using a Hamilton Beach, bought for $12 at Target in 1993.

Ours is old, and we use it now and then.

I'm amazed at how high the prices can get for blenders.

We wore out the gear on our blender under the glass container. I looked it up and bought a new gear, easy to fix.

Now it works well again.

We have a Kitchen Aid blender we got as a wedding gift in 1998. Rarely use it, but it works fine. We have a Cuisinart immersion blender we use much more often for protein shakes.

For people who have the $400-$500 blenders, what do they do that the cheaper ones don’t?

Another vote for Vitamix. The DW has one and loves, loves, loves it.

The only appliance in the last 25 years that has come close to a Vitamix in her estimation is the Instapot.

Vitamix!!! That thing is a powerhouse. Your smoothies will actually be smooth!!! Also great for making soups if you like them pureed.

I've had this one for four years: Jamba Appliances 2.4 hp Blender with 64 oz Jar, Grey (58910). It's half the price of a Vitamix, and peforms about as well, IMHO. The only problem is, the caraffe, after 4 years, is starting to develop cracks, and you can no longer obtain replacement caraffes. My wife has used this to make tan tan sesame seed paste, peanut butter, and even hot soups. It's a powerhouse.

Another vote for Vitamix. My wife was skeptical because of cost, but is now a believer. It's workhorse for sure.

Thanks all for their input. We went with a Vitamix E310. From what I read online, the smaller 48oz container be better for our daily use. We looked at new, reconditioned, but the best deal was on Letgo. I was able to find a new in the box unit at a great discount. Vitamix customer support was great. They just needed the serial number information to confirm the legitimacy of the unit and verify the 5 year warranty. The seller was great too - he just sent me a snapshot of the information on the base motor. All worked out. Now for the first smoothie.

We have a Kitchen Aid blender we got as a wedding gift in 1998. Rarely use it, but it works fine. We have a Cuisinart immersion blender we use much more often for protein shakes.

For people who have the $400-$500 blenders, what do they do that the cheaper ones don’t?

We paid considerably less than that at Costco.

Nut butters. Last forever - powerful motor.

We're down to just a few what I'd call "legacy" appliances or other items. As in had them since first married 49 years ago. One is a Sears blender given at time of wedding, still works fine on the rare occasions a recipe calls for it. I get a kick out of the 7 buttons; as in is there really going to be a difference between stir, whip, crate, mix, chop, blend, and liquify:confused:? Also acquired an immersion blender a few years ago which gets used for some soups and I find works fine for fruit smoothies. I guess the old blender is somewhat limited on volumetric capacity but we'll likely have it til death do us part.:LOL:

We paid considerably less than that at Costco.

Nut butters. Last forever - powerful motor.

Thanks. We only use or immersion blender for the occasional protein shake and the real blender for frozen drinks once in a blue moon. I guess we aren’t the target market.

If you have a Cuisinart food processor, you don't need a blender.

Back
Top Bottom