New Prius, Me Likey!!

On a side note, I just got off the phone with one of my clients who just bought a new Porsche, kinda the opposite end of the spectrum..........:)

Am I missing something. I don't see anything sexy.

Why is it that the concept cars always look really cool,

hybrid_x_concept_34-thumb.jpg

and the actual cars look so boring?

autos_content_landing_pages-354035235-1210124935.jpg

Scarf down a few oysters, whoppers, and sliders and look again Al.

I love the idea of a Prius and am a huge Toyota fan having owned 4 now, but I drove a 2006 or 2007 Prius for a test drive and ugh! I had problems seeing out of the back window when I wanted to back up. This could be a huge problem. Did they ever straighten that out? Had something to do with the aerodynamics of the car the sales manager said.

I haven't ever driven a Prius, butI was stuck in traffic next to one today. It was light green and shiny, and I have to say that car is SO cute. I thought of this thread (what else?) :2funny:

I love the idea of a Prius and am a huge Toyota fan having owned 4 now, but I drove a 2006 or 2007 Prius for a test drive and ugh! I had problems seeing out of the back window when I wanted to back up. This could be a huge problem. Did they ever straighten that out? Had something to do with the aerodynamics of the car the sales manager said.

It's still a problem in the 2008, and from the pictures, is unchanged for the 2009.

The good news is that if you get the car with option package #2 or better, there's a neat backup camera that displays on the center console screen when in reverse. The camera has a pretty wide angle, including almost straight down past the bumper on out to the view behind the car, and makes for a nice adjunct to looking through the split hatchback window.

The 'split window' is split by a small 'spoiler', which is part of the aerodynamic design. This thing decouples the airflow over the top of the car, as part of a Kammback design. Think of it as a abbreviated teardrop shape. The air still flows around the car as though it had a teardrop shape, but without surface drag from an actual long point at the rear. (Besides, a pointy rear would make it hard to use the hatchback. It would discourage tailgaters, though. Hmmm...)

In my case, that little spoiler is just at the height of headlights of other cars as seen in the rear-view mirror, so I actually find it handy at light. Hey, spin!

It's not an ugly car as itty bitty 100hp anemic modes of transport go, but dang-it, I've been feeling sorry for (and a bit superior to) europeans for years because they were stuck driving these glorified grocery carts.

I guess it was bound to happen that gas prices here would go to the moon but you can't blame a guy for longing to go back to the muscle car era.

Well, if it has a camera you can buy to show what is going on "back there" when you put the car in reverse, that sells it for me. Fortunately or unfortunately, my Camry has only 60,000 miles on it and doesn't appear to even think of dying yet. But...someday.....
Personally, I love the looks of the Prius. To each his own...

Well, if it has a camera you can buy to show what is going on "back there" when you put the car in reverse, that sells it for me. Fortunately or unfortunately, my Camry has only 60,000 miles on it and doesn't appear to even think of dying yet. But...someday.....
Personally, I love the looks of the Prius. To each his own...

My Odyssey has a backup camera, and you NEED it with that monster..........:D

Yeah, but since then the "price" has gone up. Thank heavens for mad money. :p....:cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom