New scam for ATT customers?

CardsFan

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
DW got a text today. It appeared to be from ATT (we have cell phones with them), but clearly was not.

It started out with the standard "Free ATT message" or something like that, that we have seen before from real texts.

But then it said we were overcharged last month, and should click the link for a refund. The link was a jumble of letters, clearly not from ATT.

Obviously, she immediately deleted the message.

Anyone else get something like this?

Oh, the wonders of modern technology. An endless stream of innovative ways to scam us. I’ve had a couple of unsolicited texts in the past days that look quite suspicious, Verizon here.

Thread moved to the tech forum.

Anyone else get something like this?
Yep, yesterday, I think. It looked reasonably convincing because of the familiar wording, but they left a word out. I was going to login to my account to check until I noticed the missing word, then I didn't bother. Since I deleted the text I can no longer see it.

Yup. Got the exact text you describe. Deleted it. But it was a good head fake by the scammer

Yep, yesterday, I think. It looked reasonably convincing because of the familiar wording, but they left a word out. I was going to login to my account to check until I noticed the missing word, then I didn't bother. Since I deleted the text I can no longer see it.

I noticed that to, and cannot remember what it was either, but it was a clear grammatical error.

DW got the same message yesterday. She deleted it.

I have got it 2 times and SO has got it once. Deleted all 3 without clicking link.

Back
Top Bottom