New type internet phishing scam?

EastWest Gal

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Since late yesterday, I have received 10 emails from different email addresses saying my loan was approved and I just need to click to get my money. I recently changed a bunch of my passwords and have been adding two-factor authentication wherever I can. It is clear that most, if not all, are generated from the same source-they use the same graphics and stock photos.

Has anyone else been getting such emails? I occasionally get such emails, but never 10 in less than 24 hours.

Last edited:
Only email scams I have been receiving recently deals with Amazon Prime. Either my Prime membership is about to be inactivated unless I click on the provided link, or there is a billing issue with my Prime membership and, once again, I need to click on the provided link to rectify.

I'm still waiting for the followup to the email I received a few years ago that stated they had video of me doing some unspeakable things while on my computer, and they threatened to send it to my family and place of work. I found that pretty impressive in light of having no web cam or video device of any kind attached to my computer, plus the fact that I wasn't working and hadn't for quite some time.

Last edited:
These have been coming periodically for months to my old Yahoo account which I rarely use for anything. I go in and mark a lot as spam but I suspect they have ways to shift sender address to get around it.

GMail seems to do a better job of blocking these.

They're all from different addresses, but the source is the same. I'm reporting them today. Then I'll send them to oblivion and mark them all as spam.

I'm still waiting for the followup to the email I received a few years ago that stated they had video of me doing some unspeakable things while on my computer, and they threatened to send it to my family and place of work. I found that pretty impressive in light of having no web cam or video device of any kind attached to my computer, plus the fact that I wasn't working and hadn't for quite some time.

I've gotten the same email. They ask for you to send them ~$750 in Bitcoin as ransom payment. Goofballs!:LOL:

Only email scams I have been receiving recently deals with Amazon Prime. Either my Prime membership is about to be inactivated unless I click on the provided link, or there is a billing issue with my Prime membership and, once again, I need to click on the provided link to rectify.

Jeffrey Toobin, I presume?

Funny you didn't deny one thing .... :LOL::LOL:

Funny you didn't deny one thing .... :LOL::LOL:
I figured that was a given, but with the last few responses on this thread, I guess it wasn't that obvious.

I showed my DW the email, and her response was "Don't they know how boring you are?!" Thanks, dear! :rolleyes:

It is clear that most, if not all, are generated from the same source-they use the same graphics and stock photos.

If you haven't already done so, check your email client for a setting that blocks the loading of remote images. If those stock photos you're seeing are links (more common) rather than attachments, every time you view one of these emails, you are confirming to the sender that yours is a legitimate address, and they will probably send you even more.

Back
Top Bottom