New USAA app is a POS!!

What platform? The one on my iPhone is the same as it has always been and never crashes. iOS 15.7

On Monday USAA sent me an email about the upcoming change to their app and website. It read in part:

USAA has an unwavering and undivided commitment to continuously improve our product offerings and guide our members toward financial security. We're excited to announce that over the next few weeks we're launching an update to the USAA Mobile App and usaa.com. These changes will include additional banking capabilities and improved financial tools to help you better manage your money.

As we work towards an enhanced online experience, some existing functionality will be temporarily unavailable. In order to upgrade your account experience, some settings and inputs may not migrate into the new system which will require action on your part. We understand that this might cause more work for you, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Haven't seen anything new as of yet and hopefully they will have worked out the "it crashes" bug by the time it gets to me. :)

On Monday USAA sent me an email about the upcoming change to their app and website. It read in part:

Haven't seen anything new as of yet and hopefully they will have worked out the "it crashes" bug by the time it gets to me. :)

They need to be "excited" to stop some of their shady practices and being fined by the government.

I'm on the current iOS and my USAA app is version 8.19.1 and hasn't changed. That same "excited" message REWahoo mentioned is displayed when I open the app.

The Apple store shows 8.19.1 is the latest version and 1 week old. I just updated and logged in. The look and feel is a little different but I didn’t see anything noteworthy and functionality seems similar.

The Apple store shows 8.19.1 is the latest version and 1 week old. I just updated and logged in. The look and feel is a little different but I didn’t see anything noteworthy and functionality seems similar.

Ditto

I used to have an Android phone. I found that on older phones especially, the semi-customized Android OS was not updated by the OEM (in my case, Verizon) and as apps advanced, they often had difficulty with the older OS version. One thing that sometimes helped was to delete the app entirely and reinstall. Eventually, some apps simply were unstable with the older rev of Android. This is one of the main reasons I ditched Android phones.

Back
Top Bottom