NFL: 2017 Season

No SB rematch this year.

Like clockwork, the Falcons lose another heart breaker in the postseason.

Looking forward to watching Vikings vs Saints. My gut says Saints are going to win.

Jax is spanking the Steelers as I type this... 28-7 with 2:14 left in the first half but it feels worse.

Last edited:
Jax is spanking the Steelers as I type this... 28-7with 2:14 left in the first half but it feels worse.
That was a bizzare game.

Steelers and Jags both played well, came down to 2 turnovers by Ben. I hope the Pats are ready for the Jags, they’re no joke obviously. Belichick, McDaniels and Patricia will be preparing as usual. Hopefully someone in the media says something more to piss off Brady too, that always helps.

Last edited:
Yes, either team would have been a stiff challenge to New England.... I think/hope it will be a good game.

I think home field advantage might be the difference.

Last edited:
I had forgotten SB was in Minneapolis this year. Gotta pull for the Vikings now.

Yes, either team would have been a stiff challenge to New England.... I think/hope it will be a good game.

I think home field advantage might be the difference.
I might have thought so, didn’t work for the Steelers though...

I had forgotten SB was in Minneapolis this year. Gotta pull for the Vikings now.
DW and I were just talking. According to wiki no NFL team has ever played a SB at their home field, the Vikings would be the first if they make it.

Yes, I recall reading somewhere that there have been a couple SBs played in the same city as the team but not on their home field.... found it.

.... So far no team has yet managed to reach the championship game in their home stadium, or even come close. Only two NFL teams have reached the Super Bowl hosted in their home market: the San Francisco 49ers, who played Super Bowl XIX in Stanford Stadium, rather than Candlestick Park, and the Los Angeles Rams, who played Super Bowl XIV in the Rose Bowl, rather than the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. ...

Last edited:
NO vs. MIN

New Orleans vs. Minnesota: What a wildly entertaining game (to state the obvious)! It literally came down to the last play and final second of the game.

Wow, and the Saints absolutely snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, thanks to Marcus Williams. Gave the Vikings their win!

Must have been quite a reaction in Vegas.

Did #43 have money on Minnesota? That was one of the worse defensive plays I have seen in 35 years of watching football. It looked intentional.

Did #43 have money on Minnesota? That was one of the worse defensive plays I have seen in 35 years of watching football. It looked intentional.

If he would have hit him it would have been pass interference because the ball wasn't there yet, would have put Vikes in FG range and he would be the goat either way.

If he would have hit him it would have been pass interference because the ball wasn't there yet, would have put Vikes in FG range and he would be the goat either way.
If he had wrapped up the receiver with his arms w/o pass interference, then time would've run out before the kicking team could get in position for a FG attempt.

This will be one of those great debatable plays for quite a few years. But not much debate that Minnesota won.

As the late Dick Enberg would say, "Oh My!".

Proof that tackling drills are not allowed anymore in practice.

As the late Dick Enberg would say, "Oh My!".

Proof that tackling drills are not allowed anymore in practice.

The problem wasn't that he missed the tackle so badly, although that really did suck. I'm assuming it's either because he is a rookie or an idiot, but there was no reason to even try to make the tackle. Just hold him up, keep him in bounds, let his team join in, and end the game. Too much testosterone or something.

I am so glad that I am not an NFL fan!!! Believe me, "There is no joy in Mudville" tonight. This whole town is in shock. :LOL:

Some players on the Steelers wouldn't stop talking all week about how they will beat the Patriots in a rematch regardless where they play. They forgot they had to beat the Jags who beat them 30-9 in October before they get the right to play the Pats. Now they will be home watching the Pats and Jags play in the AFC championship game. :LOL:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-with-patriots-its-embarrassing-and-stupid/

Last edited:
To meit looked like he played the receiver too tight, and no way he could have no touched him before the ball got there. So he decided to dive under him. However, in doing so he also wiped out the other defensive back that could have tackled Diggs.

It reminded me a similar play years ago, Giants vs. 49ers. I think it was either overtime or time was running out. A Giants DB tried to make a play on a ball thrown to Jerry Rice, and it doing so wiped out another Giants DB about to make a tackle, leaving Rice free and clear to run 50+ yards for the score.

Reading about the final play of the Saints/Vikings game, looks like that defender just whiffed. Went for the legs instead of the body at trying a tackle.

The bumble will go down in football history along with Leon Lett and Jim Marshall.

As a Vikings season ticket holder DW and I were in the stands for the Minneapolis Miracle! Stadium was crazy!!

Will certainly never forget that game. Right up there with Kirby Puckett's Game 6 performance in the 1991 World Series (we were there for that one too).

Saw someone tweet last night that this is actually the first time that a team hosting the Super Bowl has even made it to the Conference Championship Game.

QB lineup next Sunday is Keenum v Foles (6:40pm EST), Bortles vs Brady (3:05pm EST). Could have two QB's in Super Bowl who have never been there. Eagles are underdogs again. Jags look very good.

Case^Keenum

been watching the guy for 10 years - he does stuff like that all the time

Back
Top Bottom