NFL: 2022 Season

Good game but I thought the defensive holding call on the Eagles in the last 2 minutes was a rinky-dink call and ruined the game.

Woohoo. Chiefs win! :dance: It was closer than I expected, but it turned out well, even with one of the Chiefs defensive scores getting overturned.

Woohoo. Chiefs win! :dance: It was closer than I expected, but it turned out well, even with one of the Chiefs defensive scores getting overturned.

That's because it clearly was not a defensive score. The play was not a catch. Very clear. Ruls analyst called it that way right away and officials on the field called it that way too.

Meanwhile, the defensive holding call on the Eagles was definitely rinky-dink.

That's because it clearly was not a defensive score. The play was not a catch. Very clear. Ruls analyst called it that way right away and officials on the field called it that way too.

Meanwhile, the defensive holding call on the Eagles was definitely rinky-dink.

The ruling on the field was a fumble recovery and touchdown until they reviewed the play and overturned the call that had been made on the field.

As for the holding penalty, I think it was a good call, but I had anticipated such comments a while back:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/nfl-2022-season-113261-33.html#post2890184

Last edited:
The ruling on the field was a fumble recovery and touchdown until they reviewed the play and overturned the call that had been made on the field.

As for the holding penalty, I think it was legitimate, but I had anticipated such comments a while back:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/nfl-2022-season-113261-33.html#post2890184
Actually, you are right and my recollection was incorrect. It was called a complete pass and fumble on the field even though in real time it was a questionable call and in replay it was clearly a bad call and that is why the call was overturned.

And no, the defensive holding penalty was bogus.

That said, KC clearly had the momentum and probably would have won, but that bogus defensive holding call changed what could have been a great game. The KC offensive made the Eagles defense look foolish during both of those 4th quarter touchdowns.

Actually, you are right and my recollection was incorrect. It was called a complete pass and fumble on the field even though in real time it was a questionable call and in replay it was clearly a bad call and that is why the call was overturned.

And no, the defensive holding penalty was bogus.

That said, KC clearly had the momentum and probably would have won, but that bogus defensive holding call changed what could have been a great game. The KC offensive made the Eagles defense look foolish during both of those 4th quarter touchdowns.

James Bradberry admitted after the game: “It was a holding. I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide.”

Too bad there is so much ill will being generated by a few close calls. For my two cents, I don’t think any of the calls decided the game. A lot of pundits kept talking about how evenly matched these teams are and it sure seemed to be the case. Outstanding team efforts by both sides.

I have to disagree with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the one holding call though. It looked pretty minor but the hand on the receiver’s waist and the slight tug on the jersey easily could have disrupted his route. In any event, Butker very likely would have made the kick even without that call.

The calls I don’t see anyone upset about were the Goedert ‘completion’ and the reversal of the Sanders catch as an ‘incomplete pass’. Goedert didn’t have complete control when his left foot was down in bounds. Sanders caught the pass, turned upfield, and lost the ball due to a picture perfect tackle. Sure I’m biased but there’s always a call or two that someone will claim was unfair.

As far as the NFL being completely rigged and choreographed, I suppose it’s possible. With all the allegations of coordination/chicanery in other areas of society and the general direction for the fate of humanity having a game that’s designed as entertainment be rigged (if it is) isn’t at the top of my worry list.

The fireworks have finally died down in my neighborhood (well except for a sporadic rocket or arial bomb). Sounds like the parade is being set for Wednesday. Hopefully Philly doesn’t get too torn up by the crazies although I saw a story that they flipped a car over and set it on fire before the game even started.

I had hoped the Chiefs would at least be in the mix for the playoffs. That they were and not just because of one or two players.

Edit. See quote from the Eagle’s player admitting that he held the receiver.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ry-holding-penalty-super-bowl-57/11246373002/

Last edited:
Too bad there is so much ill will being generated by a few close calls. For my two cents, I don’t think any of the calls decided the game. A lot of pundits kept talking about how evenly matched these teams are and it sure seemed to be the case. Outstanding team efforts by both sides.

I have to disagree with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over the one holding call though. It looked pretty minor but the hand on the receiver’s waist and the slight tug on the jersey easily could have disrupted his route. In any event, Butker very likely would have made the kick even without that call.

The calls I don’t see anyone upset about were the Goedert ‘completion’ and the reversal of the Sanders catch as an ‘incomplete pass’. Goedert didn’t have complete control when his left foot was down in bounds. Sanders caught the pass, turned upfield, and lost the ball due to a picture perfect tackle. Sure I’m biased but there’s always a call or two that someone will claim was unfair.

As far as the NFL being completely rigged and choreographed, I suppose it’s possible. With all the allegations of coordination/chicanery in other areas of society and the general direction for the fate of humanity having a game that’s designed as entertainment be rigged (if it is) isn’t at the top of my worry list.

The fireworks have finally died down in my neighborhood (well except for a sporadic rocket or arial bomb). Sounds like the parade is being set for Wednesday. Hopefully Philly doesn’t get too torn up by the crazies although I saw a story that they flipped a car over and set it on fire before the game even started.

I had hoped the Chiefs would at least be in the mix for the playoffs. That they were and not just because of one or two players.

Edit. See quote from the Eagle’s player admitting that he held the receiver.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ry-holding-penalty-super-bowl-57/11246373002/

Two evenly matched teams!

Great play on both sides!

What great athletes!

The refs are HUMAN!

The game outcome could have gone either way!

Everyone got their money's worth!

I didn't win any money in the football pool!:(

Eagles had it in the first half and KC in the second half... Officiating was "okay". Looks like Hurts fumble in the game gave it to KC... That's got to be something he'll never forget. (Regardless of what they say)

Last edited:
I enjoyed the competitive game. Hurts shoulder looked back to normal and Mahomes ability to play after his high ankle sprain got yanked again was amazing.

I figured the game was over after the injury to Mahomes late in the first half. I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again. Learning the result was a nice surprise this morning. I wasn’t pulling for either team, just a good game. That happened but the sleep was nice too.

Chiefs defeated the Eagles.

Looking forward to next season.

Back
Top Bottom