NFL: 2022 Season

As long as injuries don’t determine the outcome, it should be a great SB. I hope all the players are 100% in two weeks, unlike this weekend.

Here's to Donna Kelce, mother of Jason and Travis.

What stupidness is that, screwed his team from a chance to go to overtime. Pass protection for Burrow was abysmal. If he had protection like the Chiefs gave Mahomes, this would have been an entirely different game. Nevertheless, it should be a good SB, and for me it's a tossup as to who will win, but will root for KC.

Both the Chiefs and Bengals played "okay", not great (IMO)... A couple of very questionable calls went against the Bengals, especially a critical "redo" for the Chiefs. I hate to see those. At least it was close to the very end.

I really don't care, but I'm going with the Eagles in the SB...

Last edited:
What stupidness is that, screwed his team from a chance to go to overtime. Pass protection for Burrow was abysmal. If he had protection like the Chiefs gave Mahomes, this would have been an entirely different game. Nevertheless, it should be a good SB, and for me it's a tossup as to who will win, but will root for KC.
Burrow had decent pass protection, after the first 4 sacks early on. The Bengals made the adjustment needed to protect Burrow - until C Jones crucial 5th sack at the end. Mahomes was sacked 3 times, so protection wasn't that different, especially given Mahomes ankle. Neither Mahomes or Burrow had their best day.

Last edited:
I've been a Chiefs fan from back when Arrowhead was empty, and you had to chop ice from your seats.

This was a weird year, and I didn't think they'd be able to beat the Bengals this year.

Go Chiefs!

Bengals beat themselves, rather than the Chiefs actually beating them with better playing. There were also some bad referee calls that didn't help the Bengals.

Being local Cincinnati I wanted to see the Bengals make the Super Bowl again. However that's not going to happen. Maybe next year the Bengals can get some good offensive line protection for Burrow, they will do great things if Burrow can stay off his butt.

Burrow had decent pass protection, after the first 4 sacks early on. The Bengals made the adjustment needed to protect Burrow - until C Jones crucial 5th sack at the end. Mahomes was sacked 3 times, so protection wasn't that different, especially given Mahomes ankle. Neither Mahomes or Burrow had their best day.

Mahones frequently had a lot of time to scan the field, Joe not so much. Perhaps you saw it differently, but I did not. Adjustments were made and without that it would have been much more one-sided.

Bengals should have put in a run play during their last drive to milk to clock out more. Either they get to FG position or OT.

Bengals should have put in a run play during their last drive to milk to clock out more. Either they get to FG position or OT.
I was thinking of that too during the game but IIRC, the Chiefs still had a few timeouts remaining, so run plays would have needed to produce a 1st down to do any good.

In the second most important game of the season, the penultimate playoff contest, the Timekeeper makes a big blunder, and the Home Team gets a 'do-over' on a crucial last ditch play. Which had been stopped short of a First Down.

The Home Town Timekeeper. In the 4th Quarter.

And the NFL wants to partner with online Betting sites.

Do they have an Over/Under bet on the number of missed Holding Calls ?? Take the Over.

In the second most important game of the season, the penultimate playoff contest, the Timekeeper makes a big blunder, and the Home Team gets a 'do-over' on a crucial last ditch play. Which had been stopped short of a First Down.

The Home Town Timekeeper. In the 4th Quarter.

And the NFL wants to partner with online Betting sites.

Do they have an Over/Under bet on the number of missed Holding Calls ?? Take the Over.
What could possibly go wrong with that! :angel:

I was thinking of that too during the game but IIRC, the Chiefs still had a few timeouts remaining, so run plays would have needed to produce a 1st down to do any good.

I actually thought was a bad move by the Chiefs to punt and give the ball to the Bengals. I was surprised the Bengals declined that penalty and surprised again the Chiefs punted (think it was 4th and 8 after penalty declined). As I was thinking, Bengals are going to burn out the clock and kick a winning field goal with no time left.

Both the Chiefs and Bengals played "okay", not great (IMO)... A couple of very questionable calls went against the Bengals, especially a critical "redo" for the Chiefs. I hate to see those. At least it was close to the very end.
That "redo" wasn't questionable or really a "redo". It officially never really happened. Ref was out on the field waiving off the play because the clock was running when it shouldn't have. That wouldn't have counted, either way. When they ran it again, Bengals committed defensive holding.

That "redo" wasn't questionable or really a "redo". It officially never really happened. Ref was out on the field waiving off the play because the clock was running when it shouldn't have. That wouldn't have counted, either way. When they ran it again, Bengals committed defensive holding.
Why ruin a perfectly good excuse for their loss with the facts! :LOL:

That may be true but the ref was the only person in the whole stadium that thought that the play was not on... they could have just fixed the time on the game clock based on the difference in the time on the game clock when the play started and when the clock erroneously started.

I started watching football back in 1969. I've never seen a Referee botch a play like that in 54 years. If anybody can cite a similar example.....I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I had no rooting interest in either the Bills or the Chiefs.

We’re still here and watching. It is pleasant to see others win too. :D

I was just going to say the same thing. [emoji14]

We had 16 amazing years, 9 Super Bowl trips, 6 wins. Most franchises would kill for that. The Pats fans I know are very grateful for those years and have no issues rooting for others in the playoffs.

I was rooting for Buffalo. Kinda disappointed in their loss….

I had no rooting interest in either the Bills or the Chiefs.

I was just going to say the same thing. [emoji14]

I was rooting for Buffalo. Kinda disappointed in their loss….

The Buffalo Bills were not playing this weekend. They got knocked out of the playoffs the previous weekend. Chiefs played the Bengals.

I've seen refs stop play to reset a game clock plenty of times, so it was not unusual at all.

Last edited:
Looks like Purdy needs surgery that will keep him out past training camp. I’m an Eagles fan, but I hate seeing anyone hurt like that. I wish him a speedy recovery.

The Buffalo Bills were not playing this weekend. They got knocked out of the playoffs the previous weekend. Chiefs played the Bengals.

I've seen refs stop play to reset a game clock plenty of times, so it was not unusual at all.

"Please reset the Game Clock to x, and start the Clock on my signal," said the Ref. Yet the Timekeeper still fouled it up. And nobody noticed until after the play was stopped well short of the First Down. Yeah, that's not unusual at all.

The Game Clock sometimes gets reset before a play (not sure about plenty of times). But to re-run a full blown All-22 play after the fact ?? I'm still waiting for an example.

I pointed to the fact that the NFL wants you to bet on their games.....but balks at hiring full-time officials (and timekeepers?). Like I said, I have no rooting interest either way, except perhaps for the mythical Super Bowl Indicator -- GO NFC !!

Lol, I’m well aware…..they lost to Cincy the previous weekend. I quoted Steelyman, who was also responding to a question about where were all the Pats fans…..

"Please reset the Game Clock to x, and start the Clock on my signal," said the Ref. Yet the Timekeeper still fouled it up. And nobody noticed until after the play was stopped well short of the First Down. Yeah, that's not unusual at all.

The Game Clock sometimes gets reset before a play (not sure about plenty of times). But to re-run a full blown All-22 play after the fact ?? I'm still waiting for an example.

I pointed to the fact that the NFL wants you to bet on their games.....but balks at hiring full-time officials (and timekeepers?). Like I said, I have no rooting interest either way, except perhaps for the mythical Super Bowl Indicator -- GO NFC !!

I’m confused? I thought they had and showed the video of the ref running onto the field trying to stop the play, but no one saw him or heard the whistle, so they play just went on?

I’m confused? I thought they had and showed the video of the ref running onto the field trying to stop the play, but no one saw him or heard the whistle, so they play just went on?

That's my understanding.

It was an awful situation and I have never seen it happen before. There were more than 10 minutes left in the game, and the Chiefs did not score on the drive. So fortunately no one can make a clear case that it changed the outcome of the game. If that had happened, what a disaster!

What I want to know was why they didn't just leave the play as is, and adjust the clock for the missed start? Can't change the past, but in case it ever happens again?

Ossai gave the win to the Chiefs anyway...Butker was not going to make a 60 yard FG.
Following the the sideline confusion and back-and-forth with the refs, the Chiefs were awarded a third down a do-over.

The Bengals thought they had supposedly stopped them again after sacking Mahomes but cornerback Eli Apple was called for a defensive holding penalty. Cincinnati did stop the Chiefs and they eventually punted.

Cincinnati turned it over on their next series when Joe Burrow was intercepted. The teams exchanged punts but the Chiefs got the ball back with 30 seconds remaining.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom