Nice ER camper?

timo2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
better than one of tiny houses, possibly
John Mayer shows off 'formidable' new RV built by Dacono's EarthRoamer - The Denver Post
20141230__31TCAMAYw%7E1.jpg

Cool for sure, but I'd still rather have an Iveco! :)
We saw something similar to this in Irkusk, Russia. It was a Hummer camper on a big USA made truck driven by a Cuban guy who was flying Che Guevara flags. I thought it was the perfect juxtaposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Looking at those tires, I'll bet the ride on highways is bumpy and noisey, but for off road it looks pretty awesome.

Good for off road camping but not really for long term living. Too short in height for one thing. I built our camper a bit tall on the interior (8 feet headroom) but it sure is nice for someone who is 6'7"). Most campers feel like a coffin to me.

I would probably go with a popup like XPcamper if I wanted true 4x4 capability...but that is what I carry two dual sport motorcycles for.

Nice camper, but for a price up to $280K all decked out, I will pass.

No, it's still not good for Iraq. It's still just fiberglass wall, and Kalashnikov rounds will just go through. Besides, there's no light armor that can protect you against IED.

Looks good but ID & I are closer to getting a Sportsmobile: Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - 4WD (4 Wheel Drive, 4x4)

We go to the LA Auto show and sit in cars we would never buy. So we spontaneously had a conversation about what is the most expensive vehicle we actually would contemplate buying and we both came up with a Sportsmobile. We drove our Jeep to the arctic on the Dempster Hwy and across Alaska, off road in Death Valley and AZ and it would work for Burning Man as well. So we're thinking about selling two cars and our camper trailer and getting a Sportsmobile someday.

Looks good but ID & I are closer to getting a Sportsmobile: Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - 4WD (4 Wheel Drive, 4x4)

Interesting. DW is in love with Sportsmobiles as well. I see their value, but $100+K for what's basically a tricked out Ford van just doesn't compute for me. I guess I've just been into the LBYM mindset for too long.

Now if I could find a used low mileage 4x4 Sportsmobile for closer to $40K I might be willing to put that kind of a dent in the old retirement nest egg.

No matter what the cost is, if it does not have a toilet, I am out. Too old and lazy to climb out of the vehicle at night.

And if it does not have a shower, my DW is also out.

Now if I could find a used low mileage 4x4 Sportsmobile for closer to $40K I might be willing to put that kind of a dent in the old retirement nest egg.

Maybe you could. I was recently looking at the price differences between new RVs and 3 year old RVs, and it was significant. Maybe sportsmobiles are similar?

Back
Top Bottom