Norton LifeLock ID Navigator

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Notified by Fidelity that my Visa card now gives me free Norton LifeLock ID Navigator, "providing you with the tools to help keep you informed of potential threats to your identity."

I'm not familiar with this, and wondered if anyone here uses it. Worth my time to sign up for it?

Apparently this is a benefit now attached to a number of Visa cards.

Notified by Fidelity that my Visa card now gives me free Norton LifeLock ID Navigator, "providing you with the tools to help keep you informed of potential threats to your identity."

I'm not familiar with this, and wondered if anyone here uses it. Worth my time to sign up for it?

Apparently this is a benefit now attached to a number of Visa cards.

I received a similar notice in my email this morning. An hour or so of web searching turned up no specifics, all the links and noticed led back to some vague marketing talk. It looks less like a useful product and more like a lead generator for LifeLock core services.

I've gotten a ton of spam relating to this software, which generally isn't a good sign. I imagine if it is free, it will have a very basic service, then come with a bunch of offers for extras that turn it into a real service, but not a competitive one. Or they will go the older route where it is free, but only for one month, or several months, then it stops working until you pay them more than it is worth.

I also received that email. They are offering us this Norton Service, which I personally don't want and consider to be of little value.

And they are also taking away Auto Rental Collision Damage coverage and Extended Warranty Protection.
Not a good deal, IMO.

And they are also taking away Auto Rental Collision Damage coverage and Extended Warranty Protection.
Not a good deal, IMO.

ouch... bad trade.

Norton LifeLock is AV and malware protection, password manager, safe browsing extensions, cloud backup, file optimization, secure vpn, dark web monitoring, parental controls.

If you're like me you have some of these features through other programs.

Here is a typical warning shield you see in LifeLock about your information being shared on the dark web. So my xyz email and password from long ago were lifted from Comcast/Xfinity in one of the large breaches from a password store. I recevied 3 email alerts about this from LifeLock as the database appeared in additional dark web locations.

It's like hitting a perverse lottery with 3.2 billion other lucky folks. Just have to not use that password. Since moving to 1Password I've cleaned up a lot of the password problems that accumulated over a long time.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 14
My understanding that Auto Rental Collision Damage coverage and Extended Warranty Protection taken away regardless you take Norton or not.
You can enroll in this Norton service - it is basic but is free.

Back
Top Bottom