Not caring about what I wear...

In my view, you are not nearly judgmental enough about other people. Frankly, any old body can put on neat, clean clothes. Myself, I am always analyzing what lies beneath a man's clothing, to see if that is tidy, properly cared for, and generally meets my standards.

(What in the world is a "camel-toe enhancing paste-on"? Is it some kind of pastie for the vajayjay? And where are you hanging out these days, that you see them being worn?>:D:LOL: )

Re: second paragraph

$tarbucs, wally world, and the occasional trip trough the local mall. :D

Heck, the girls at the skating rink wear tights, mostly mondors with shorts over them, yet they infinitely are more modest than the denizens of the aforementioned locales. Amazing, the stuff a figure skating guy learns.:cool:

One has to be blind not to notice. The paste ons are often shorts or yoga pants often a size or two too small.

Last edited:
I've befriended this guy at local dog park. Multi-millionaire. He wears the same ratty sweat pants. I've never seen him in anything else. I was at his house and he's still wearing the same pants. The threads at the bottom drag as he walks because the pants are too big for him.
So did you go back a second time?;)

Because of losing weight, most of my T shirts are too large for me and I realized that I sort of look like a slob when I go anywhere. Also, some of them are really old and you can tell. So, one of my plans for this year is to buy some new, smaller T shirts. Also, buy some nicer looking pants and tops for when I want to go somewhere above jeans level.

Try Banana Republic. My wife bought some for me, thought I looked good in them, so of course I like them too. Only $6. :)

I have a standard uniform. Shorts and tops for summer; yoga pants, summer top with sweater for winter. No makeup and hair clean but unfluffed.

When we have to go to an EVENT I do dress up, including makeup and fluffed hair. It's funny seeing someone react to the 'done up' me when they've only ever seen the regular me. Last time an acquaintance said "Wow, had no idea who you were". So I guess my LBYM uniform actually works!

...And don't forget (well, more men than women but YMMV) to keep trimming hair in the nose and ears...:cool:
+1

When talking to someone, I would not notice hair in someone's ears, but occasionally could not help observing hair sticking out of his nostrils. Drives me nuts! :D Makes me want to gift him one of the nose hair trimmers I often see advertised.

And I have not seen that with a woman ever. Now, that would drive me insane. :LOL:

Last edited:
That's cool! Maybe not for jeans, but lots of other uses. Thanks!

Have mostly used it on jeans so far. Even belt loops and pockets starting to tear off. For holes, I usually trim threads and put a same-color patch on the inside.

Caution - it does not work on thin fabrics! It just goes through.

That's hysterical - I've never seen that before! :LOL: :LOL:

Sad to say, it could easily have been filmed in the pretentious town where I w#rk.

I thought that was hysterical until I remembered I stopped at a furniture store in my active wear and they would not wait on me . In my defense I was on my way home from the gym.

Because my face shows my age (almost 63), I figure I can't get away with tatty-looking clothes the way a flawlessly-beautiful 25-year old can. I'd scare small children.

My retirement wardrobe is a lot more relaxed, though; I dress up a bit for church (don't really need to) and my weekly Toastmasters meeting, but the tailored business suits I have in mothproof bags mostly just sit there. I've got an Hermes scarf that, from my research, looks like it could get about $250 on e-Bay and I'm seriously considering selling it and putting the $$ in our granddaughter's 529 account. Same for a couple of very dressy jackets (one brocade, one silk floral) that I may get away with describing as "vintage" since they're over 20 years old. Someone else may as well enjoy them.

Dressing and one's 'look' is as variable and individual as something like.... When to take social security payments. It all varies with the individuals circumstances. Other than avoiding the extremes (Wearing a Tux to dig a ditch, or going to a fancy party in your dirty gardening overalls) there is no one answer.

Hopefully, one does what works best for the person.

As long as my zipper is up, I think I'm good to go.

It can go too far--someone pointed out to me this week that my shirt was inside out and I debated just leaving it....

Haha. I went to w*rk like that on more than 1 occasion (inside out shell over pants or a skirt but under a jacket) and only realized the seams were showing when I went to the ladies room.

My uniform now is jeans, a long sleeved t-shirt and very old Mephisto clogs. I donated at least 1/3 of my closet the day after I retired 2 weeks ago and probably more can go but I don't know what yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

When talking to someone, I would not notice hair in someone's ears, but occasionally could not help observing hair sticking out of his nostrils. Drives me nuts! ................
+1 Same goes with crazily bushy eyebrows. My barber always offers to trim mine, though I do it myself.

Another thing that drives me crazy are huge, prominent facial warts. I guess they grow so slowly that they become part of the landscape, but at some point.......:(

How do you feel about women's mustache? :LOL:

A young girl may be able to get away with a mustache if it is really faint. An older woman, not so much.

Moustache.png

women-with-mustaches-11.jpg

never-compliment-a-women-on-her-mustache-no-matter-how-magnificent-it-is-duck-meme.jpg

Back
Top Bottom