Not really early, but I am retiring this week.

PG_Photo_Gal

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hello, I am retiring this week (at the age of 62), so I thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I gave my notice about three weeks ago, but it was a bit open ended as I had a few projects to finish up. I should be done this week. I will be lean Fired, and will be doing a bit of contract work. I am looking forward to spending more time with my grandchildren, pursuing my hobbies (photography and re-habbing old furniture), reading, maybe travelling a little and just generally taking it easy. No more alarm clocks!

Once the pandemic is over I may look for a volunteer opportunity, but it would have to be super flexible.

Congratulations!
I’m 63 and retiring at the end of this year. I can’t wait.
I like to rehab furniture too. I have a bedroom set I plan to do first.
Do you have any furniture you’ve been waiting for your retirement to rehab?

Congratulations and welcome!

Congrats. Retired sounds good (and is good) at any age. Enjoy your hobbies.:)

I wish you well in retirement.

Yes indeed, welcome and congratulations! 62 is early by US standards. So many still need medicare to make it happen, so i consider anything before 65 is early.

Welcome to retirement, and to the forum. Enjoy this new chapter in life!

Welcome and congrats!!!

Welcome to the forum, PG_Photo_Gal!

And congrats on FIRE. This is great resource for your questions, if any.

Congratulations!
I’m 63 and retiring at the end of this year. I can’t wait.
I like to rehab furniture too. I have a bedroom set I plan to do first.
Do you have any furniture you’ve been waiting for your retirement to rehab?

I have a beautiful antique dresser that has been waiting patiently in the basement for over a year. By beautiful I mean it has good bones and lovely details, but it needs some work.

I have a couple of side tables also. I only have a small car, so I am a bit limited as to the size of pieces I can pick up. I started thinking the other day that I need to buy a truck, but the last thing I need is another vehicle. So, I am not sure what I will do about that.

I was planning to wait until the end of the year also, but just couldn't make it.

Congrats and welcome. There are many different products and equipment out there to redo furniture and the like. Take your time and explore!

I have a beautiful antique dresser that has been waiting patiently in the basement for over a year. By beautiful I mean it has good bones and lovely details, but it needs some work.

I have a couple of side tables also. I only have a small car, so I am a bit limited as to the size of pieces I can pick up. I started thinking the other day that I need to buy a truck, but the last thing I need is another vehicle. So, I am not sure what I will do about that.

I was planning to wait until the end of the year also, but just couldn't make it.

I have a RAV 4 which can hold a lot without being ginormous.

With the last 2 days I’ve had at work making it to the end of the year is going to be a challenge! [emoji12]

Congratulations PG_Photo_Gal !

I retired this year effective 1-Feb-21 at 61-1/2 year old - better a not so early retirement than to be still working.

Retirement is wonderful

Hi PG_Photo_Gal

I am in the same boat, same week as you. Welcome to the forum!

We have a nice bunch of people here and I think you will enjoy the group.

Welcome to the best part of your life. Under 65 y.o. is still an early retirement.

Hello, I am retiring this week (at the age of 62), so I thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I gave my notice about three weeks ago, but it was a bit open ended as I had a few projects to finish up. I should be done this week. I will be lean Fired, and will be doing a bit of contract work. I am looking forward to spending more time with my grandchildren, pursuing my hobbies (photography and re-habbing old furniture), reading, maybe travelling a little and just generally taking it easy. No more alarm clocks!

Once the pandemic is over I may look for a volunteer opportunity, but it would have to be super flexible.

Congratulations and enjoy! Welcome to the best part of your life.

Congratulations !!

Have a great time in retirement !! You deserve it

Congratulations. I am 64 and still set on 65. At least I cut back to 30/week and still have the health bennies. I am impressed with cutting the cord by 62!

25 bucks gets you a home depot truck for 4 hours.
I was going to suggest the small Harbor Freight trailer, it would be 20 trips to pay for the trailer plus the cost of plates. I bought mine when it was under $300. Now they are $500.

Back
Top Bottom