NY City?

If it we me, 1- collect your luggage,

2-leave terminal

3-the second you leave terminal there is a cab stand

4- have the usher hail you a cab

5-hold on tight, and enjoy the ride.

Another +1. This vacation won't be cheap, so in the grand scheme of things the money saved is not that large, especially when considering the hassle factor. And, I'm not sure if this factor was considered: how does your DW feel about this money-saving tactic?

If you take a cab you miss the unique experience of subway...

preachers
candy sellers
people talking to themselves
beggers (usually with a sob story before they ask)

Also over aggressive cops wanting to look in your bags before you enter.

Where are the TKTS counters. We are here on south central park. If ypu can, please email me at dj0751@aol.com, soooooon. Today......We want to see a broadway play but we definitely want discount tix. We leave day after tomorrow. Looking at possibly Phanton of Opera......

Where are the TKTS counters. We are here on south central park. If ypu can, please email me at dj0751@aol.com, soooooon. Today......We want to see a broadway play but we definitely want discount tix. We leave day after tomorrow. Looking at possibly Phanton of Opera......
Times Square
South Street Seaport (corner of Front and John Streets, at 190 Front Street)
Lincoln center (David Rubenstein Atrium at 61 West 62nd Street)
https://www.tdf.org/nyc/8/Locations-Hours

Wow. We are checking out of the hptelntomorrpw amd already we had a bill slippednunder our dooe for "facility fees"! Does anyone have any useful insight into this? We were hardly ever in the "facility"! So shouldnt these fees be part of the 350 dollar per night rate? Anyone?

According to the hotel website, its facilities fee "provides guests with an exceptional package of amenities" including:

-Hospitality Reception each evening of your stay (5 pm to 7 pm), including hors d'oeuvres, wine, beer, bottled water, soft drinks and snacks
-High-speed wireless Internet (WiFi) for up to 6 devices
-All local, long distance and international phone calls
-Unlimited use of our 24/7 Fitness Center with treadmills, bikes, elliptical machines and free weights
-Unlimited use of our Business Center
-Luggage Storage until 11:00 pm

I think this kind of charge is pretty common with upscale hotels. (And many charge separately for things like WiFi and phone calls when you use them.) Even if you swore you wouldn't or didn't use any of those "amenities" there's no option to waive the fee. Yeah, it's steep -- but do be sure to take advantage of the drinks & snacks at the reception tonite!

I do hope your NYC stay is memorable for all the best reasons!

Wow. We are checking out of the hptelntomorrpw amd already we had a bill slippednunder our dooe for "facility fees"! Does anyone have any useful insight into this? We were hardly ever in the "facility"! So shouldnt these fees be part of the 350 dollar per night rate? Anyone?

Weren’t these fees disclosed in the total cost of the hotel when you booked?

These extra fees for hotel "amenities" made the national news in the last couple of weeks. Hotels are learning from the airlines how to increase revenues...

It has always been the case that upscale hotels charge for more things than the Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn Express/Quality Inn level places. (of course they are downtown not in the suburbs. Of course you don't get free calls except local but who needs that anymore? Also no overpriced room service but Dominos does deliver there.

Back
Top Bottom