Of facial hair and other changes in appearance

You're lucky you weren't born a woman....

...well at least a woman that shaves her legs and various other areas that is.
Winter rules, winter rules...Legs are shaved only during summer and then only as needed. :LOL:
Pits are a year round game. :cool:
As for other places, well...um...:whistle:

Regarding facial hair on a guy, do what makes you and DW feel best. :)

My DW prefers me in a beard. I'm happy either way. I'm beginning to suspect that what she really likes is the repellant effect it has on other women. :)

Winter rules, winter rules...Legs are shaved only during summer and then only as needed. :LOL:
Pits are a year round game. :cool:
As for other places, well...um...:whistle:

Regarding facial hair on a guy, do what makes you and DW feel best. :)

As calmloki said, skin on skin is pretty nice... :D

Started a mustache the day I got out of the army in 1972, it is still there but grey.
Had a full beard for about two years, I made a great pirate at a halloween party.
Old Mike

I've no idea whether beards are in style but I'mm guessing there are some hysterical beard stories out there. You men can chime in, too.
The Navy outlawed beards in 1986 (IIRC), which led to a number of very interesting 1985 New Year's Eve parties. Next morning it looked like some guys had removed their chins along with their beards, or maybe that's why they grew beards in the first place.

From then on the submarine force was the keeper of the faith (along with the SPECWAR guys in Afghanistan). When the hatches were locked shut, paying $20 to the ship's recreation fund was the authorization to grow a beard until the next port-- as long as you kept it trimmed so that you could still make a proper seal with a facemask in case of emergencies.

After years of submarine beards I started growing mine ashore in May 2002 just before formally retiring. The itching was hell. A few weeks later I realized why hardly anyone in Hawaii wears a beard in summer. A few weeks after that I discovered that beards move in the breeze, something that never happened on a submarine. I'd had enough.

Now I try to shave on Mondays & Thursdays. It's a good way to keep track of the day of the week.

Had a mustache for many many years. Shaved it off for Halloween maybe twenty years ago, came downstairs and my honey burst into tears. It's been back on since. The rare and occasional beards have not met with any enthusiasm, though I enjoyed them sometimes. Still, one of the best parts was the increased sensitivity of newly bare skin after shaving a beard. Skin on skin is pretty nice....

As is kinky hair on kinky hair, no?

Ha

So, how does your N95 mask fit over The Beard, Rich?

12% retired? :LOL:

But you can't beat the feeling of the "ticklies" from a nicely trimmed beard and moustache. On my cheeks, that is.
The cheeks above my neck, I mean.
I better stop while I'm ahead...;)
Wow....you must REALLY be flexible! :eek:

...eh heh....welcome back girl...:greetings10:

My wife has never seen me without a mustache. I have not asked her opinion. I am afraid that if I cut it off, she will leave me.

I have had long hair (how do I explain a Dutch Afro?) and short hair (like US Army). I like short hair. My sister curses me for having curly hair...and I cut the damn stuff off.

bbbami,

Are you my wife? Are you posting here on your own? What is your maiden name? Please PM me. I like pina coladas and walking in the rain.

Old Gringo

HFWR and Westernskies: I like your beards! I'm gonna try to talk DH into growing one this winter. Question all: what image does a beard project?

My answer: non-conformist, confident, and sexy:cool:

I've got that salt & pepper thing going too...

Attachments

• Beard.jpg
    Beard.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 86
IMHO, best beard ever!

Attachments

• hemmingway.jpg
    hemmingway.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 100
I have given this thread a lot of thought and have come to the conclusion that whether or not a man wears a beard is up to him, just like hairstyles are for women.

I prefer a cleanshaven look for most men, and I would be dismayed (although I would love him just as much and respect his decision), if Frank chose to grow a beard.

Similarly, he might be a bit dismayed or taken aback if I should choose to wear my hair in a pink mohawk... >:D

W2R, then try a nice royal blue mohawk - pink clashes with too many other things :D

ta,
mew

W2R, then try a nice royal blue mohawk - pink clashes with too many other things :D

ta,
mew

Good idea. Then I could go to a piercer and get a matching royal blue nose ring, tongue piercing, and multiple ear piercings with matching royal blue jewelry. After all a woman's jewelry choice is her own business, just as it is a man's business whether or not he decides to wear a beard. :2funny: :hide:

bbbami,

Are you my wife? Are you posting here on your own? What is your maiden name? Please PM me. I like pina coladas and walking in the rain.

Old Gringo
Yes....I'm your wife. Stop flirtin' will all of these women! :rant: Now where's my pina colada? ;)

Back
Top Bottom