part d drug price increases

Almost as much as having cost increases for meds, I'm frustrated with having to play the "game" of fitting my particular (and changing) meds needs as insurance company formularies change. The older I get, the less I like playing that game. YMMV

Almost as much as having cost increases for meds, I'm frustrated with having to play the "game" of fitting my particular (and changing) meds needs as insurance company formularies change. The older I get, the less I like playing that game. YMMV

But Koolau, at least we have some prescription drug coverage now. I remember at one time my DH had an insurance policy that had a cap of $1000 per year for drugs (it was the only policy DH could get since he had a preexisting condition). And my 90 year old mother talks about how awful it was when Medicare had no prescription coverage at all. I definitely agree that the US system is not good--but it use to be so much worse.

But Koolau, at least we have some prescription drug coverage now. I remember at one time my DH had an insurance policy that had a cap of $1000 per year for drugs (it was the only policy DH could get since he had a preexisting condition). And my 90 year old mother talks about how awful it was when Medicare had no prescription coverage at all. I definitely agree that the US system is not good--but it use to be so much worse.

Can't argue with that. But it just seems "wrong" to make "old people" try to figure out all this stuff. At some point, I'll no longer be able to do so. With enough resources, it's only wasting money. For some folks it may be the old "drugs or food" problem. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom