PenFed 5yr CD at APY 3.04%

I'm sticking with 2 year CD's for now and hopefully feel comfortable extending that out a little once the PenFed CD expires next January. I'm shooting for a 3% average in my ladder in 5 years which may be a little conservative.

I'm sticking with 2 year CD's for now and hopefully feel comfortable extending that out a little once the PenFed CD expires next January. I'm shooting for a 3% average in my ladder in 5 years which may be a little conservative.

I agree, and like your style.

A bigger question, at least for me, is at what point to begin putting more in to longer maturities? When we see 4% on the 10-year, 5%? Just nibble all along in case we never get there?

All views welcome.

I go for the best combination of rate and term I can find. The result is a lumpy ladder going out 7 yrs. That's a bit beyond FRA for me. Right now Renewals are going into terms of 3 yrs or less. I plot these on a timeline and fill the gaps with tiny CDs to cover mandatory needs. My goal for piling in is 5yrs @3%, 7yrs @ 4% or 10yrs @ 5%.

Appreciate it jazz.

The new issue 3 year will be going for 3% by end of summer. I'm currently able to get 3.5 year in the secondary market for 3.1%. Unfortunately, 5 year is not budging higher than that same rate.

jazz - Wells Fargo new issue CDs 2.75% for 2 years, 2.9% for 3 years, 3.15% for 5 years.

Do we need to start a new Interest rate thread for 2018? Lots of us 5 year PenFed CDs maturing later this year and early 2019.

FYI. Besides posting the CD rates. Would be help full to post EWP, if they are "extreme".
And membership rules. ie. open to all, or not.

FYI. Besides posting the CD rates. Would be help full to post EWP, if they are "extreme".
And membership rules. ie. open to all, or not.

That info can easily be found by going to the providers website. I would like the following:

Institution Name & City or Web Based Only) Website Link would be handy.

Rates for the CDs in Question, what ever they may be, 1 - 5years etc)

And really important any restrictions, (Caps) A great rate with low caps is pretty much useless.

Back
Top Bottom