People in California - friendly or unfriendly?

People in California are:

• Friendlier than normal

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Not as friendly

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • The same as people in other states

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • I don't know, I've never been

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

This is a thread about the friendly people of California and not about those of us lucky enough to live in Texas, how did Gov. Rick Perry get drug into this fray. To show you how friendly we are here in the Lone Star State we will give you Gov. Perry at no additional charge to you. We will even pay postage. Just don't send us Arnold.

Just last week, I was hearing that Gov. Perry, of the great-state of Texas, while addressing the "Tea-Party rally" reminded everyone that Texas reserved the right to succeed when they joined the Union. Mr. Tom Delay, while being interviewed on "Hardball" with Chris Mathew's program on MSNBC tried, without much luck to clarify the remarks.
I told the story with tongue in cheek cause we really do need a football team here in L.A. that nobody wants.
Now, as to you sending us Gov. Perry, I'd rather have Beverly from North Carolina, so let's figure out how we give North Carolina a two for one trade!
Naw, combined, we'd be too much to handle!

I abstained from the poll as my response would have to be "I don't know" but I can't say "I've never been there" as I've been living there for 35 years. I wonder if someone from elsewhere meeting me would take me for a Californian for for a tourist who forgot to go back home.

I was born and raised in Northern California. My ancestors came over the Oregon Trail in the 1800's. I love the land and the people...there is a sense of adventure and belonging here amongst natives. For me, much of this feeling comes from experiencing the redwoods, the Sierra Nevada mountains, and, of course, the Pacific coast. I would guess that most people feel similarly about their home states. My attachments have more to do with the physical surroundings, rather than technology (the internet).

In the 1970's I lived in Pennsylvania for 3 years. That was the first time I experienced homesickness. It was freezing in the winter, and muggy in the summer. Plus, I was away from my culture and kin. Actually, I felt stuck, and didn't appreciate PA as much as I could have if I were on vacation.

Every place has its gifts - but, it is always nice to come back home....

Latecomer

Back
Top Bottom